Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Responsible for the management of all aspects Purchasing, including all direct and indirect spend. The role includes direct supervision and management of the procurement team (buyers) and may include supplier quality engineering.
Primary responsibilities include purchasing of direct materials, components and indirect supplies, various facility services at an optimal price and delivery cycle to maintain the lowest adequate inventory levels while retaining the quality of the items required for timely, cost effective production.
The annual spend scope is $20-30M of highly engineered parts, components and assemblies annually, and the business performs sub and final assembly and test, thus the purchasing role is a key strategic function within the business.
The purchasing manager will be responsible for the tactical purchasing activities day to day, and strategic procurement initiatives to improve and protect the business over the long term. Initiatives will include LTAs and other agreements for key suppliers, development of improved purchasing processes in alignment with Safran standards, and interfacing with external as well as internal stakeholders in the business including Safran corporate resources that assist in the ongoing maturity of purchasing processes.
Familiar with requirements for purchasing in support of US DoD contracts, and maintains compliance to US federal acquisition regulations as applicable.
- • Ensures material receipts support the Plan, and optimizes inventory levels vs. material costs.
- • Manages within the ERP / MRP master schedule and maintains accuracy of the plan. Monitors all exception messages and drives plan exceptions to a minimum.
- • Sets high standards of ethics and performance for the procurement team reporting to this role. Trains and develop the team to continually improve.
- • Leads process changes / improvements in alignment with Safran purchasing process requirements including documentation, implementation, compliance, and KPI implementation
- • Drives supplier performance improvement as measured on scorecards, and actively manages supplier quality issues through a thorough root cause and corrective action methodology.
- • Writes and reviews purchase contracts (particularly LTA's and major subcontracts which may be required on occasion) and understands contract terms and conditions required to comply with company requirements and adequately protect the business.
- • Sets procurement guidelines for purchase order placement, including commodity groupings / minimum buy levels to optimize inventory vs. purchase cost.
- • Oversee buyers and controls purchase agreements in alignment with delegation of authority levels.
- • Reviews market, price, delivery conditions and trends to determine present and future material availability.
- • Provides guidance and support to department personnel accordingly.
Bachelor's degree, preferably with focus on Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration.
5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, with 3 years in a senior buyer or supervisory capacity for highly engineered systems or components. Commodity types must include engineered components, machined parts, hardware and fasteners, and electronics.
- • Measures supplier performance to Safran standard scorecard / KPIs and maintains ongoing initiative to improve supplier performance to minimum standards of performance.
- • Leads key negotiations to ensure improvements in purchase price variances to standard for direct spend items, and indirect spend item cost reductions.
- • Understand ERP / MRP and drives purchasing order fulfillment in aligment with planning requirements, manages purchasing exceptions (planned erarly and late receipts) to minimize plan misalignment
- • Drives supplier continuous improvement with supplier quality engineering, which may report directly, or indirectly, to the purchasing manager.
- • Drives supplier escapes to closure using strong root cause and corrective action methods.
- • Proactively works to maintain master schedule integrity by working to bring material in to meet the plan wherever possible, and elevates issues immediately in the event of plan failure for re-planning
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
Technical WriterPublished on 10/29/2019Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
NR110419 - Senior Technical WriterPublished on 11/21/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Customer Service ManagerPublished on 11/03/2019Peachtree City, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support