Sr. Quality Control Inspector
Program / Customer Relations
Requires no supervision. Perform all phases of quality assurance and control, coordinate inspections, work with customer QAR's, and prepare quality document packages. May be required to perform duties at a vendor's facility. Trains in inspection techniques, creates inspection plans, can operate and program CMM. Serves as a backup to QC Supervisor when needed.
- • Perform Receiving, In-process, and Final inspection including Shipping
- • Create Inspection Plans
- • Train Inspectors on proper gauging techniques
- • Operate and Program CMMs, including FARO
- • Witness functional tests both in-house and at vendor's facility, as required
- • Perform Internal Audits
- • Drive Root Cause & Corrective Actions
- • Coordinate with vendors/suppliers to define and control rejected non-conforming material
- • Work with other functional departments on projects and programs, as required
- • Assist customers with final inspection and quality checks, as required
- • Calibrate working inspection gauges and instruments using established procedures 90%
- • Maintain related formalized records of inspections and remedial action, as applicable 10%
III. Complexity of Duties
Performs duties which require application of experience and judgment within limitations of standard methods and procedures under minimal supervision.
IV. Responsibility for Relationships With Others
Maintains respectful communication within the department or other departments. As necessary, interacts with Government and customer QAR's.
High school education or equivalent with strong mathematical aptitude. Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings and specifications. GD&T knowledge and experience highly recommended. Must have thorough knowledge of quality and general procedures. Able to use and maintain all types of Inspection instruments, gauges, and equipment.
II. Experience Required
5 years experience in all phases of inspection including process control, dimensional, final, receiving and shipping. Must have experience operating and programming CMMs, including FARO.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
Buyer/ExpeditorPublished on 10/20/2020Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Buyer IIIPublished on 10/20/2020Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Invoicing Specialist - Customer SupportPublished on 10/27/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Customer services and support