Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Prepare support documentation for products, projects and services offered by the company, in accordance with technical content specifications, style and format requirements. Provide librarian series for company documents and technical manuals. Provide production service support for all company printing and publishing activities, excluding Sales/Marketing support. Interfaces with subject matter experts (i.e., engineers, production (shop) personnel, etc.) to determine solutions to a wide range of challenges. Must possess the ability to create new technical manuals for undocumented equipment such as prototypes and new product lines.
Specific Duties/Accountabilities % of Time
Prepares and provides guidance for documenting specific types of manuals in the following areas:
1. Installation Instructions (not for permanent Installations) (5%)
2. Operation and Maintenance Instructions (35%)
3. Overhaul Instructions (5%)
4. Miscellaneous (i.e. Assembly/Disassembly Instructions, etc.) (5%)
5. Illustrated Parts Breakdown (35%)
6. Update standard equipment manuals for incorporation of new information (i.e. ECOs, changes to engineering data, etc.) (10%)
Librarian/Documentation Distribution 10%
Provides guidance to the technical writers in the following areas:
1. Maintain an electronic library and historical files information log of existing ESCO manuals to include copies of all AAE and ADEC manuals for use as reference materials by the company staff. Add, as required, approved current manuals and technical manual review and release forms (sign-off sheet) to the electronic library (historical files).
Specific Duties/Accountabilities (continued)
2. Provide current copies of existing manuals (hard copy or PDF format) to support customer shipments and company requirements
Company Publications Support 10%
Provide services to support company initiatives as required. Includes preparing or assisting in the preparation of including (but not be limited to) the following:
1. Departmental Work Procedures
2. Process Maps
I. Education or Basic Knowledge Required
BS in any of the following: Technical Communications, English or Journalism, with demonstrable ability to write.
II. Experience Required
3 - 5 years experience as a Technical Writer in industry. Total experience as a Technical Writer may be substituted to a degree.
- - Should have experience with operations, maintenance and overhaul instructions
- - Must be able to read engineering drawings and create Indented Part Breakdowns from them
- - Experience with Framemaker is highly desired
- - Must be a U.S. citizen such that they can work on Commerce Control and ITAR related manuals
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
Manager, PurchasingPublished on 10/23/2019Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
NR110419 - Senior Technical WriterPublished on 11/21/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Customer Service ManagerPublished on 11/03/2019Peachtree City, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support