Quality Assurance Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager for the Distribution / Warehouse operations will be responsible for sustaining and improving an effective quality management system as measured by product quality, system compliance and customer satisfaction. They will work within the Quality organization to ensure the Quality and Procedures Manuals are adhered to and are updated to address industry, corporate, process improvement and regulatory requirements. The individual will be a key contributor and leader in conducting internal audits of varying complexity and scope on all Distribution / Warehouse operations. They will represent the organization during regulatory, certification and customer audits. The Quality Assurance Manager will define and monitor, as applicable, employee training programs to ensure compliance with regulatory and certification requirements. The individual will provide support to address supply chain and operational quality issues and improvement plans as measured by KPI's. The Quality Assurance Manager provide the basis and ongoing support and guidance for QRQC programs and will assist the operational unit in the corrective and preventive action (CPAR) processes.
- • Ensures the quality management system, inclusive of the Quality Control and Procedures Manuals, is current, confirms operational compliance via audit and, as appropriate, initiates corrective and preventive actions
- • Develops and executes internal audit plan to schedule and provides information and metrics to focus operations on corrective and preventive actions
- • Performs follow-up on corrective actions to ensure effective preventative actions are in place
- • Develops relationships and effective lines of communication with suppliers, directly or via portals, regulators and group colleagues
- • Monitors and report departmental and operational KPI's as they relate to Quality
- • When required, submits Malfunction and Defect Reports (FAA Form 8010-4 (Service Difficulty Program) to the FAA in accordance with FAR 145.221
- • Responsible for maintaining the list of tools for calibration and notification when due
- • Responsible for ensuring QRQC standards are implemented and adhered to.
- • Guides the activities for the verification of all OEM recalls, provides external communications letters, if required, and ensures segregation of affected material whilst held on site
- • Provides support for RCA of returned and /or damaged material
- • Supports operational inbound quality to assist in dispositioning potential quality escapes, quarantine and non-conforming materials
- • Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Quality or VP Supply Chain
- • Knowledge of ISO9001 / AS9120 regulations and audit procedures, ISO9001 Lead Auditor Certificate a plus
- • Strong technical writing skills
- • Proficient knowledge of PC environment, including email and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- • Strong record keeping and organizational skills
- • Knowledge of Lean / Continuous Improvement Practices
- • Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering or related field is preferred
- • 10 years' experience in quality control with at least 3 years of those in an aviation parts distribution operation.
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills essential for interaction with internal and external customers.
Specificity of the job
Regular travel between GA sites (20 miles each way) and occasional domestic travel
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.