Supply Chain Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for supporting the site by providing Production enablement and achievement of MPS. Manage Demand throughout the site, as well as supplier performance. Develop process standards and improvements to ensure profitability. The position will manage a team of supply chain professionals.
Summary of Duties:
- • Develop, implement, and maintain world class supply chain strategies for manufacturing
- • Communication of needs and objectives to the Supply Chain Team along with training, developing, mentoring and assisting team members is essential.
- • Analyze and develop supply chain strategies and will be required to drive the successful execution of these strategies with the manufacturing sites and supply chain.
- • Establishes and maintains premier customer service.
- • Leads all Supply Chain Management activities within the site. This will include establishing preferred supplier performance criteria based company standards.
- • Responsible for continuous improvements programs with suppliers.
- • Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development. Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- • Take action to identify and coordinate with Corporate Supply Chain cost reduction initiatives that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources for new or existing programs.
- • Develop working knowledge of contract requirements and ensure compliance to include demand forecast
- • Flow down relevant program data/communication to the supply base.
- • Ensure key suppliers have an effective management system in place, understand concerns and cost drivers, resolve issues and identify areas for improvement, as needed.
- • Adhere to established communication protocol with suppliers, including the promotion of regular conference calls, WebEx and meetings to communicate and/or evaluate current performance and improvement plans. Site visits may also be required from time to time.
- • Act as a key conduit to Corporate Supply Chain, Quality, Program Management, Planning, Purchasing and Engineering.
- • Procures parts through analysis of requisitions per quality specifications and delivery requirements.
- • Maintains KPI's and team performance at levels that support Production goals.
- • Participates in Control Board JCR Reviews and provides inputs.
Education: BS/BA degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of progressive Supply Chain, Procurement, Program Management experience with the ability to lead and influence others.
Computer Skills: MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), M3 or similar system experience required.
- • Strong written and verbal business communications abilities, must be comfortable delivering information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- • Working knowledge of business finance skills and abilities.
- • Strong understanding of Inventory Management and familiar with ERP systems.
- • Experience in AS/ISO standards Quality management experience is preferred.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or Operations
- • MBA/Master's degree
- • 3 years in a management/leadership role
- • Experience in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment
- • APICS and/or ISM certification
ID: DFTF - 81103
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Material HandlerPublished on 02/24/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Supplier Performance ManagerPublished on 02/21/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Sr. Service Center CoordinatorPublished on 02/19/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Supply chain