Principal Software Architecture (OS)
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Principal Engineer, Software Architecture partners with key stake holders across the organization in the development of platform technical roadmap and strategies. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the direction of our embedded Linux platform. You will design the system architecture at the OS level with functionality that enables our platform to drive innovative user experiences. You will work with team members by coordinating reviews and mentoring in the development of the product. As part of this role you will interface with chip vendors, 3rd party development teams and the open source community to bring together new technologies. As part of projects, you will be developing POC's to evaluate the performance of software stacks as a validation for production. At the start of a new board development, you with work closely with the hardware team in defining chips used and methods of interfacing to meet system requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Experience developing software and porting open source software for embedded Linux platforms
- • Understanding of processor and hardware requirements around embedded Linux
- • Linux sub systems knowledge including Linux kernel, file-systems, boot process, display stacks (DRM/KMS), codec hardware api (v4l2) and driver architecture
- • Experience with video/audio codecs (is a plus)
- • Knowledge of uboot, trusted boot flow
- • Knowledge of networking in areas such as; STP, VLANS, ip routing, firewalls and Linux DSA
- • Software development proficiency in C for embedded systems
- • Writing systems design documents and requirements
- • Evaluating new technologies for inclusion in roadmap products
- • Perform other job-related duties assigned
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education:
- • 12+ years of experience working in a similar role
- • 15+ years of experience as a software developer
- • 5+ years of Linux platform experience
- • 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Passenger Solutions focuses on delivering an enhanced passenger experience by providing in-flight entertainment systems, conditioning control of the cabin and equipment, water and waste management systems, cabin lighting and advanced equipment and systems for commercial and business jets.
Senior Software Engineer (OS)Published on 03/05/2021Brea, United States Regular Full time Software
Software Engineer (C#)Published on 01/04/2021Brea, United States Regular Full time Software
Senior Product Manager, AdvertisingPublished on 03/05/2021Brea, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support