Human Resources Director
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's Human Resource (HR) function and performance
- • Participates in the development of Safran Cabin strategic plans, specifically for the HR function;
- • Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans at business units;
- • Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of a skilled workforce;
- • Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility.
- • In collaboration with the Compensation and Benefits Director, carrys out compensation and benefits programs which are competitive in the aerospace industry and geographical area which rewards effective performance and attracts talent to the company, while managing and protecting the short and long-range economic health of the organization;
- • In collaboration with the Talent Director deploy human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee business acumen.
- • Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective HR management. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, and work environment;
- • Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation;
- • Coordinates the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of HR departments across multiple business units.
- • Focal data reporting,
- • Serve as a company focal for employment and immigration
- • Maintains knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Responsible for harmonization of HR policies and programs to enhance our “One Company” mission.
- • Possesses a general understanding of differences of domestic and international policies and programs and represent the interest of international partners to clarify and resolve policy conflicts;
- • Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the Human Resources discipline;
- • Oversees and manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR function;
- • Evaluates the Human Resource structure and team for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional growth opportunities;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support by more experienced individuals.
- • Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their knowledge/skill.
- • Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their knowledge/skill.
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- • Other duties may be assigned.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Talent Management SpecialistPublished on 07/16/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
HR Specialist - Performance Analytics & Project ManagementPublished on 07/03/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
SPS- Director of Compensation & BenefitsPublished on 05/23/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources