The Configuration Manager will be the process leader for all Configuration Management (CM) activities for the entire Engineering department, across all sites. This position will lead the Configuration Management team, which is a part of the Engineering Services department. The Configuration Manager will work closely with Document Control and the CAD Design teams in implementing effective CM strategies.
The Configuration Manager is responsible to ensure robust, reliable tools for CM are provided to the engineering teams which meet budget, schedule and internal requirements and goals. This leadership position will be responsible for participating in and leading improvement activities at a group and/or company level, as well as defining and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department.
The Configuration Manager will champion Continuous Improvement regarding Configuration Management and all associated processes. He/she will promote technical excellence within the department when designing or improving the tools used for CM activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- •Is the Configuration Management process leader and focal for the Engineering department
- •Ensures the Configuration Management procedure is clear, scalable, appropriate, and efficient for WWS business needs
- •Ensures Engineering Policies and Procedures are compliant to applicable customer and industry CM requirements
- •Ensures all Engineering staff members are trained and consistently follow department CM policies and procedures
- •Conducts internal audits (process audits) to ensure all CM policies and procedures are being followed
- •Acts as the Engineering CM representative during Customer and AS9100 audits
- •Is the primary Engineering interface for all CM activities, including internal and external audits
- •Supports WWS business objectives and performance goals
- •Champions continuous improvements in all Engineering activities, especially CM related actions
- •Promotes technical excellence within his/her own department and provides reviews and critiques to other Engineering departments
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- •In-depth knowledge of Configuration Management principles
- •Working knowledge of the Aerospace verification and validation process
- •Ability to understand complex issues, with a demonstrated ability in solving complex technical, or business issues, and possesses a strong ownership and drive to bring issues to closure
- •Demonstrated ability in leadership, including the ability to influence stake holders in his/her department and stake holders in the broader organization
- •Excellent communication and organizational skills
- •Knowledge of aerospace industry CM standards, such as ISO 10007
Education and/or Experience -
- •Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering from a recognized and accredited institution strongly preferred
- •Preferred 3 to 5 years of CM professional experience with a degree, or a minimum of 7 years of professional experience without a degree
- •CM certification to a recognized standard a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to move around the office.
Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Travel – Periodical travel is minimal and may be 3-5 days per quarter.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Systems Engineer II/IIIPublished on 09/14/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Talent Management SpecialistPublished on 09/13/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Information Security Officer, SPSPublished on 09/12/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Data management and IT