Director of Communications - SPS
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The individual in this position leads the design, development and execution of communications strategy, planning and messaging for Safran Passenger Solutions. This individual will coordinate key initiatives to position, promote and publicize Safran Passenger Solutions in partnership with the Safran Group Communications team and other members of the Communications leadership across the company.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information skillfully;
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Interpersonal Skills - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Communication Skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information..
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Ethics – Strong work ethic and integrity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience - Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing, MBA is a plus.
Minimum 10 years related experience in communications, public relations, marketing, strategic planning, marketing or communications agencies with at least 4 years project management experience.
Experience in the aerospace industry a definite plus.
- • Establish and implement the communications strategy, leading development of the objectives, goals, tactical plan and measurement parameters for expanding awareness of SPS brand.
- • Ensures the coherence, reliability and relevance of messaging in coordination with the Safran Communication department
- • Supports and advises SPS executives in communications strategy and execution methodology.
- • Measures and analyzes the quality and results of communication efforts.
- • Creates standard branding for consistent communications.
- • Posts, monitors, and responds on website, social media, internal and external communications platforms, and customer experience vehicles.
- • Supports company culture, values, brand and strategic direction through communications and events.
- • Develops executive messaging and support marketing strategy initiatives, as needed.
- • Initiates and manages press releases to promote the SPS brand and associated companies.
- • Develops and distributes messaging for employee communications.
- • Designs a standard shared services bulletin- to announce system issues, process changes and legal updates.
- • Provides support for trade shows. Partners with Safran departments for Event Planning.
- • Establishes and ensures compliance with Communication budget.
- • Other duties as assigned
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Systems Engineer II/IIIPublished on 07/19/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Talent Management SpecialistPublished on 07/16/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Director of Financial AnalysisPublished on 07/14/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Finance and management