Director of Finance & Cost Accounting
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Director of Finance & Cost Accounting oversees the development and implementation of effective, integrated systems for budgeting, reporting and auditing inventory, expenditures, and asset accountability. Provides direction for the development and administration of the cost accounting initiatives across Water & Waste Systems (WWS). Works with, and supports, both financial operations and accounting to provide costing information and decision support services. Collaborates with business units to provide the tools and analysis necessary to improve decision-making and drive operational excellence.
- • Establishes internal controls for monitoring assets, controlling costs, and measuring liquidity.
- • Liaisons with senior leadership from finance / accounting on matters of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
- • Summarizes the financial status of the organization; interprets asset ratios, break-even analysis reports, profit margins, operating costs, stock value (if applicable), and other metrics used in measuring fiscal stability.
- • Prepares for audits and makes certain that financial reporting is completed properly, and that all documentation follows applicable regulations (including IFRS, GAAP, FASB, or SEC mandates).
- • Leads the operational direction of the cost accounting and decision support functions.
- • Supports the decision making process by developing financial and performance models to assess potential new ventures and analyze existing programs.
- • Develops and maintains a cost accounting system to support the organization in identifying costs and utilization by service line, payor, population segment and other defined aggregations as needed for business plans and other analysis.
- • Serves as an expert on cost accounting issues and related best practices and procedures.
- • Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide service, information, and advice as needed.
- • Represents the finance function as a subject matter expert in various meetings and committees.
- • Provides guidance and education in cost accounting and decision support to key business leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. 10+ years of accounting and finance experience, including five years of supervisory / leadership experience.
- • Expert knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles in accordance with IFRS/GAAP.
- • Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- • Should have working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- • Strong proficiency with MS Office; specifically Excel (i.e. V-Look Ups and Pivot Tables).
- • Ability analyze and interpret complex data, including modeling.
- • Ability to function effectively / lead as part of a team
- • Ability to prepare information and communicate effectively with all levels of organizational leadership
Written Communication - Writes clearly/informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Impact & Influence - Pursues and wins support for ideas; displays ability to influence key decision-makers; achieves win-win outcomes; uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; addresses divergent opinions.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change delays, or unexpected events.
Specificity of the job
Occassional travel is required ~25%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Manager, Credit & Accounts ReceivablePublished on 06/22/2020Carson, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Accounts Payable Administrator Level 2Published on 06/24/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
General Ledger Accounting Specialist Level 3Published on 06/23/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management