Director of Human Resources
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This individual will act as a strategic business partner to the leadership team, ensuring that HR policies and practices are in line with company goals. This individual will provide HR leadership for the organization and to the HR team. Building effective relationships with employees, managers, and applicants will be critical in ensuring success in this role. The Director of Human Resources must have a high degree of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information. This individual also supports the employee relations activities of Monogram Train. This individual reports to the SPS VP of HR with dotted line responsibility to the WWS CEO.
- • Provides a broad range of HR support for achieving business objectives to include talent management, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and performance management, as well as ensuring legal compliance.
- • As a member of the HR Team, provides full service HR support and drive a culture that supports Company and Safran Group Values.
- • Provides labor relations leadership, interacting effectively with Labor representatives to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes for the company and employees.
- • Leads continuous process improvement of HR practices utilizing six sigma methodologies.
- • Partners with managers and employees and the HR Team to design and implement program strategies to support the long-term business goals and objectives, ensuring connectivity, consistent communication and seamless execution of Company initiatives.
- • Develops and implements compensation, organizational design and strategies for workforce planning, deployment, and retention to address the current and future needs of the business while ensuring a diverse workforce.
- • Supports managers and employees in understanding and applying HR tools to improve organization performance through enhanced employee engagement and manager effectiveness while ensuring legal compliance.
- • Ensures the achievement of key objectives including employee retention and a safe workplace.
- • Conduct employee relations investigations and ensure compliance with State/Federal regulations and company policies.
- • Ensures effective recordkeeping of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- • Develops and maintains workforce plans, including monthly roll-forward forecasting and quarterly budget updates.
- • Counsels and advises management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and harassment prevention.
- • Advises supervisors and managers in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- • Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred , with a preferred concentration in Human Resources, Organization Development, or Training.
10-15 years of Human Resources generalist experience.
5-7 years of HR Management experience.
Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Labor Relations experience strongly preferred.
Current knowledge in state and federal labor laws including, OSHA, EEO and Affirmative Action required.
Water & Waste Aero Systems complies with all United States export law and regulations, including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations, the ITAR, and Office of Foreign Assets Controls Regulations. Candidates who wish to be considered for positions whose activities are subject to export control laws must be one of the following: (a) a citizen of the United States; (b) a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (c) a person admitted into the United States as an asylee or refugee.
- • Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- • May recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions. Supports new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- • Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization. Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rates.
- • Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- • Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- • Provides direction and oversight to Payroll activities, ensuring timely and accurate payment of all wages in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- • Provides guidance and direction to EHS/Wellness focal in the execution of EHS objectives and the Wellness program.
- • Supports training and development activities, demonstrating leadership in planning and providing direction in implementation.
- • Completes monthly and ad hoc reports as requested
- • Supervisory Responsibilities - Directly supervises seven employees, including HR, Training, Payroll, EHS, Reception, and Security. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising perfor
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Talent Management SpecialistPublished on 09/13/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Manager/Director of Talent Management- SPSPublished on 09/06/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
HR Specialist - Performance Analytics & Project ManagementPublished on 07/03/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources