Engineer II/III - Systems
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Systems Engineer will take ownership and/or support technical engineering projects related to water and waste systems and components. Using sound engineering principles, this engineer will work to ensure robust, airworthy systems and components are configured.
- • Subject matter expert for the assigned water or waste system or components.
- • Provides input to programs and projects.
- • Manage external customer requirement.
- • Derive and coordinate implementation of derived requirements for internal customers.
- • Able to work independently to support system or sustaining engineering efforts.
- • Takes responsibility (technical and project management) of a water and/or waste system or components with support from management and/or higher level engineers.
- • Interfaces with the internal customers and is the primary technical point of contact for his/her system.
- • Review and process engineering changes in the development of water and waste systems and their components.
- • Utilizes sound technical problem solving to own or support ongoing and new projects.
- • Perform research and/or testing for troubleshooting and presents design changes for consideration.
- • May interface with new suppliers with guidance.
- • Ensures compliance of redesign solutions, performance, safety and reliability to ensure a robust system design.
- • Interfaces with the external customer and is a technical point of contact.
- • Performs root cause failure analysis that lead to design solutions or corrective actions.
- • Ability to use simulation and modeling tools to understand system level behaviors.
- • Implement problem tracking and resolution tools to manage day to day system development and testing activities.
- • Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- • Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully independently and in group situations. Gathers and interprets complex or diverse information.
- • Organizational Support – Follows company policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- • Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- • Interpersonal Skills – Able to present reasonable arguments to implement system or component improvements if necessary
Education and/or Experience -
- • Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized institution
- • Desired minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in the design and evaluation of aircraft components and/or systems
Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to move around the office.
Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Travel – Periodical travel is minimal and may be 8 to 10 days per quarter.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Engineer III/IV - Reliability & MaintainancePublished on 09/11/2019Carson, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Engineer III - IntegrationPublished on 09/11/2019Carson, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Sr. Systems Safety EngineerPublished on 09/12/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering