Manager, Credit & Accounts Receivable
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Responsible for the effective management of the credit and collection / AR functions to ensure Company policies, guidelines and strategies are followed. Manages the credit granting process, which includes consistent application of credit policy; periodic credit reviews of existing customers, the creditworthiness assessment of potential customers, and the determination of the credit risk for accounts falling outside the normal credit guidelines. Processes billing and payment application; credits and credit memos. Manages internal and external customer relationships. Conducts regular audits, identifies root cause issues, and proposes solutions to leadership. Implements and manages goals, policies, and procedures as directed.
- • Review past due accounts and plan an effective course of action to maximize collections and minimize past dues.
- • Initiate collection calls to customers, maintaining accurate and complete log of activities.
- • Provide customers with detailed information and request payment information.
- • Research and reconcile customer payments and open balances.
- • Process accounts up to and including third party agency if necessary.
- • Involve outside Collection Agency when appropriate.
- • Analyze individual accounts thoroughly and implement an effective course of action.
- • Process necessary adjustments on customers account.
- • Reconcile cash collections with outstanding balances.
- • Process incoming credit applications, apply sound judgment and objective criteria in assessing credit worthiness, and maintain credit application files.
- • Assemble required documentation to include responses from provided references, financials, credit reports, and corporate filings.
- • Recommend and obtain approval from management to change credit ratings as appropriate.
- • Obtain approval from Controller for credit holds when necessary, notifying Sales Representative prior to taking action.
- • Calculate Bad Debt provisions and recommend to Finance management appropriate write-offs.
- • Articulate and document Policy and Procedure matters.
- • Provide recommendations and solutions for account issues.
- • Prepare ad hoc reporting for month-end, credit meetings, and special needs.
- • Prepare narrative comments for month-end reporting book.
- • Prepare schedules and support for month-end internal management reporting.
- • Create and monitor accounts receivable aging reports and contact delinquent customer accounts for payments
- • Respond to internal and external customer inquiries regarding status of customer accounts.
- • Engage with internal and external customers to address billing
- • Addresses ongoing customer complaints and issues concerning billing or services rendered.
- • Works with internal departments to implement processes and policies that contribute to accurate invoicing.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Analytical • Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Business Acumen • Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Customer Service • Treats external and internal customers with tact, diplomacy and dignity; manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
- • Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Innovation • Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Planning/Organizing • Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
Problem Solving • Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills • Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- • Communication Skills - Effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills required; interpersonal skills working across the organization with various levels of personnel is essential.
- • Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- • Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- • Computer Skills - Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- • Minimum of 5 - 7 years of credit and collections experience (with 3 - 5 managing collections/credit processes).
Specificity of the job
- • Must be available for business travel (domestic and international) as needed.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Director of Finance & Cost AccountingPublished on 06/27/2020Carson, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Accounts Payable Administrator Level 2Published on 06/24/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
General Ledger Accounting Specialist Level 3Published on 06/23/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management