Operational Excellence Regional Leader, SPS
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The individual in this position represents Safran Passenger Solutions (SPS) embodiment of continuous improvement. This person will Lead and support Lean Sigma, One Safran, Participate Innovation, and QRQC deployment across SPS business units by ensuring proper deployment of Safran and initiatives in the organization throughout Passenger Solution Systems
This individual will support local businesses in achieving Operational Excellence in processes and people. This person will coach & support business unit management to embed operational excellence into business
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coach and support BU management teams
- ● Support business unit management teams by training, coaching and supporting on operational excellence related topics (Kaizen, QRQC, change management, etc.)
- ● Articulate the Hoshin Kanri process and master plan execution at BU level
- ● Drive business process improvements and deliver results to achieve operational excellence
- ● Contribute to Safran Lean Sigma deployment & implementation
- ● Lead Lean Sigma monthly steering committee with BU management team within their scope
- ● Provide Lean Sigma training to BU management team and Lean Sigma project sponsors
- ● Identify Lean Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt candidates and project topics & define improvement levers
- ● Support, coach and motivate Lean Sigma project leaders and BU management during
- ● Coordinate and support the accreditation of White Belts, Green Belts, and Black Belts of the BUs within their scope
- ● Monitor Lean Sigma deployment progress to achieve the targeted number of Green Belt and Black Belts required for the responsible sites
- ● Track BU savings from the DMAIC projects in progress
- ● Contribute to One Safran deployment and implementation
- ● Identify One Safran deployment waves and standards (Manufacturing, SCM, Develop,
- ● Provide One Safran foundation training to site management and deployment wave leaders
- ● Support, coach and motivate One Safran wave project leader and site management during the planning, implementation, and closure phase of the 16-week deployment
- ● Ensure proper facilitation and results achieved in waves according to One Safran guidelines
- ● Coordinate and support the accreditation of One Safran referents of the standards
- ● Monitor One Safran deployment progress to achieve the KPI improvements for the business
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or other related fields. Master Degree preferred
At least 15 years of experience in industry (ideally in operational positions along with some functional & management experiences and/or 10+ years of extensive experience in driving continuous improvement and operational excellence
High interpersonal skills ability to manage teams in dotted line reporting relationships & to negotiate / work in an influencing mode
- ● Highly skilled in communication, presentation, and analytics
- ● High adaptation capability and well versed in cognitive skills
- ● Ability to train, coach, and drive BU's management objectives
- ● Literate with Microsoft Office Suites and tools
- ● Familiar with an ERP software and other IS tools
- ● Fluent in English
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal Skills ,Communication Skills , Business Acumen ,
Ethics, Judgment , Planning/Organizing , Adaptability..
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information skillfully; Collect and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objective; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcome resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Other Qualifications Safran Passenger Solution complies with all United States export law and regulations, including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations, the ITAR, and Office of Foreign Assets Controls Regulations. Candidates who wish to be considered for positions whose activities are subject to export control laws must be one of the following: (a) a citizen of the United States; (b) a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (c) a person admitted into the United States as an asylee or refugee.
Support local businesses in achieving operational excellence
- ● Formalize and validate BUs master plans and capitalize on return on experiences
- ● Challenge, validate and support local improvement initiatives & potential recovery plans to ensure customer satisfaction on delivery and quality
- ● Bring specific expertise in QRQC problem solving and operational excellence topics
- ● Lead assigned improvement projects and deliver results
- ● Promote participate innovation within their responsible sites for improvement ideas
- ● Share operational excellence good practices between sites within their sites and promote cross sharing within SPS
- ● Train BU management teams and managers on continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- ● BU Continuous Improvement teams (OPEX Manager and/or Black Belts) in dotted line
- ● Regional geographical OPEX responsibilities for multiple sites
- ● Operating System (processes, standards, maturity matrix)
- ● Operational excellence practices/methods (Lean Sigma, QRQC, One Safran)
- ● Information Systems (Continuous Improvement community tool, Insite)
- ● SPS Divisions Organization, sites, and contacts
- ● SPS Products
- ● Develop and maintain operational tools and database in state
- ● Position based at one of the local BU with prevalent business trips
- ● To be in accordance with local safety and environment rules
Specificity of the job
: Must be able and willing to travel locally between business units, and domestically and internationally, as needed. Approximately 25-30% overnight travel anticipated.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Operational Excellence Manager (Continuous Improvement)Published on 09/06/2019Marysville, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Engineer III - IntegrationPublished on 09/11/2019Carson, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Lean Sigma Engineer IIPublished on 08/05/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement