Talent Management Specialist
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Talent Management Specialist's purpose is to help grow and develop Safran Cabin talent in a highly matrixed, large-scale, global environment. With over 13,000 employees world-wide, this role supports the establishment and facilitation of creating a talent culture and building a strategic plan based on current needs, gaps, and opportunities. As a member of the Talent Management team, you will partner with Cabin leaders and teams by supporting the design of tools, processes and development methods that support and ensure effective attraction, development and retention of the organization's talent and leadership capability.
The Talent Management Specialist drives the day to day operations for the team. The role supports talent management processes, programs and systems within the talent lifecycle including, but not limited to, Performance Management, Talent People Review, Succession Planning, High Potential Programs, Development Planning, and Competency Management. This role owns the planning and execution of meetings, events and special projects as well as monitors accuracy and timeliness of information distributed. This role acts as a liaison between employees, management and Human Resources providing information and consultation regarding relevant Talent Management initiatives.
The Talent Management Specialist is a role for someone who is ready to help build from the ground up and has the ability to manage ambiguity, including dealing with challenges and events that do not always have a process, system, or solution in place in a highly matrixed organization.
Summary of Duties:
- • Globally supports the project management of talent management programs to attract, develop, engage and retain talent and build our talent pipeline.
- • Develops and sustains collaborative relationships with corporate and regional HR business partners and stakeholders on talent management activities.
- • Monitors, evaluates and contributes to the development and improvement of talent management processes, systems and tools.
- • Coordinates planning, implementation, and maintenance of Talent People Review Process, Succession Planning, High Potential and Performance Management Programs.
- • Provides administrative support for development, facilitation, and optimization of talent management presentations, templates, and materials for projects and initiatives such as, Talent People Reviews, Succession Planning, Calibration Sessions, Development Planning and Performance Appraisals.
- • Collaborates with Safran corporate on talent management processes, talent reviews, and skills management.
- • Supports the design, and manages the execution of, the talent management and employee development communication and marketing strategy.
- • Consults with leadership on performance and organizational matters. Conducts needs assessments to identify talent strengths and gaps to determine measures required to enhance talent performance and overall company performance.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent education/experience required.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Talent Development, Talent Management, Performance Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field (e.g., Talent Selection, Succession Planning, Workforce Development, Employee Engagement and Retention, Performance Management).
- • Strong Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- • Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines with attention to detail.
- • Intellectual Curiosity.
- • Process Improvement mindset.
- • Ability to work in a highly matrixed, large-scale, global environment.
- • Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- • Ability to prepare effective presentations to convey talent management information to HRBP's and business.
- • Ability to develop influential relationships that with HRBP's, global leaders, and employees that will inspire them to see your consultation and partnership.
- • Demonstrated success in project and program management experience.
- • Must possess the ability to run and analyze HR reports and data; analytical and problem solving skills
- • Effective oral and written communications skills.
- • Positive attitude with a customer service spirit.
- • Demonstrates initiative and ownership of projects
- • Master's degree in Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- • Experience working in an Aerospace organization.
- • Experience with SuccessFactors.
- • Creates and maintains appropriate metrics for all talent programs and projects to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the strategic talent management function for the organization. Evaluates data to produce and interpret graphs, charts and spreadsheets.
- • Participates in the identification and development of a competency model to be used throughout various organizational programs and maintains a competency library of key roles and functions.
- • Other duties may be assigned.
Safran Cabin is an “at-will” employer, which means that employment is at the mutual consent of both the employee and the employer, and may be terminated at will, for any reason, with or without cause at any time during your employment with the Company. No one other than the CEO of the Company can enter into an agreement of employment for a specified period of time or make any agreement or representation contrary to this policy. Further, any such agreement must be in writing and signed by the CEO of the Company.
Specificity of the job
- • Ability to travel: up to 10%.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Manager/Director of Talent Management- SPSPublished on 08/14/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Human Resources DirectorPublished on 07/11/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources
HR Specialist - Performance Analytics & Project ManagementPublished on 07/03/2019Carson , United States Regular Full time Human Resources