Summary of Job Purpose:
Performs electronics assembly testing and assist Electrical Engineer in troubleshooting of circuit assemblies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Reviews project instructions, test documents, and engineering prints to determine test objectives, test equipment and test set-ups required to perform assigned tasks.
- - Test and troubleshoot electronics to the component level accurately. Assemble, troubleshoot and maintain electrical and mechanical test set-ups utilizing assorted testing equipment.
- - Can be used as a backup resource to the (darkroom) light lab performing lighting tests on products.
- - Keep a log while testing and taking photos and be able to troubleshoot circuit boards down to the component level. Extensive knowledge of Lab techniques, methods, procedures, circuitry or mechanical characteristics, and ability to devise, adapt and analyze.
- - Prepares sketches of test fixtures and circuit diagrams of instrumentation for drafting of official drawings and documentation illustrations.
- - Analyzes test results and makes suggestions for improvement.
- - Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all involved employees and groups, excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to understand oral and written instructions and maintain applicable records.
- - Supports and demonstrates compliance with all company policies and safety procedures.
- - Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Candidates Basic Qualifications:
- - High School or equivalent
- - Must have at least 2 years of experience in test equipment development and aerospace testing or relevant testing experience
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- - No relocation is provided for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius will be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- - Position Criteria
- - Must have experience in test equipment development and aerospace testing.
- - Knowledge of EMI testing would be a plus.
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- - Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- - Ability to write simple correspondence.
- - Should be knowledgeable in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- - Must be able to logically solve problems, organize materials and keep projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion within a team environment.
- - Highly motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Assign and stamp identification data such as part and serial numbers to components and/or assemblies.
- - Perform other related duties as assigned.
- - Ability to lift, push and pull up to 10 lbs.
- - Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- - Must be able to stand for up to 2 hours at a time
- - Ability to use hands to manipulate parts and perform repetitive tasks with hands
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Electrical AssemblerPublished on 07/09/2019Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Senior Tool & Die MakerPublished on 06/20/2019Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Repair TechnicianPublished on 02/15/2019Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair