(TEMPORARY) Product Industrialization Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
The Product Industrialization Engineer is the main actor for making sure the equipment parts (mechanical parts and electrical parts) are purchased and/or produced on time, in the correct configuration, then that the right kits are completed and delivered on time to the assembly line and that the final product, in the correct configuration, is available. He/she directly interacts, in a project organization, with all the other departments of the company in order to ensure the action items are delivered on time, on quality and on budget. The Product Industrialization Engineer is hierarchically attached to the Industrial Coordinator Manager.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - In charge of the prototype and red and black label equipment, from a parts (make or buy), kits, sub-assemblies and top assemblies, to insure final product is available on time, on quality and on budget.
- - Actor in the development and deployment of plans that ensure the timely availability and effective utilization of labor, facilities, equipment, & tooling resources enabling the achievement of program delivery and cost milestones.
- - Conducts studies pertaining to design to cost, cost control, cost reduction and inventory control.
- - Actively take part in planning and executing new design and developments.
- - Conduct feasibility studies, determine manpower and cost estimates and develop engineering criteria.
- - Perform analyses to develop design options or recommendations for new products.
- - Actively take part in determining the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow and provides finite scheduling to manufacturing cost centers.
- - Report accurately Key Process Indicators and the progresses/issues to the Industrial Coordinator Manager. Alert in case of deviation and proactively propose and implement corrective actions.
- - Create technical output (documents, drawings).
- - Support the customer's meeting and prepare presentations for project milestone (PDR, CDR, etc.)
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- - Bachelor or Master's degree in engineering or manufacturing from an accredited institution.
- - Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in Automotive, Maritime or Aerospace products development environment.
- - 5+ years Aerospace experience preferred, ideally in production or manufacturing.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- - Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Skills and Abilities:
- - Demonstrated product design development, qualification and production released for Aerospace industry.
- - Knowledge in aerospace, design and manufacturing technologies, testing, evaluation, verification, validation.
- - Proven track record of ability to develop/execute technology development plans.
- - Experience with aircraft electrical or electro-mechanical system function, control systems, or products.
- - Experience with production planning and operation needed.
- - Demonstrates operational understanding to provide sound engineering solutions.
- - Must be a problem solver and self-motivated to perform necessary research.
- - CAD and ERP operational experience preferred.
- - Good knowledge of MS office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point).
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The employee must be able to occasionally (5 to 10%) travel (US, Canada).
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Manufacturing Engineering InternPublished on 12/03/2018Walton , United States Internship / Student Industrial Engineering
Manufacturing Engineer - CMMPublished on 11/16/2018Rochester, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Electrical EngineerPublished on 11/05/2018Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation