General Ledger Accounting Specialist Level 3
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The GL accounting leader is responsible for all divisions within Safran Cabin. They will be responsible for maintaining the monthly general ledger. The person will also be responsible for the reconciliation financial account statements, train GL team as well as communicate discrepancies to the Shared Services Accounting Manager. This position will report to the Shared Services Accounting Manager. The job functions to be performed with minimal supervision are as follows:
Summary of Duties:
- • Support and train the new members of the GL team
- • Variance Analysis
- • Prepare tax package for 3rd party
- • Month end closing financial activities
- • Standard Costing
- • Analyze accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash accruals, reconciliations, and foreign exchange (if applicable) to ensure they are balanced with Company financial statements and budgets
- • Reconcile general ledger accounts and bank transactions and balances
- • Provide documentation requested by internal and external auditors
- • Perform accounting analysis, as requested, to support Company decision making
- • Record and reconcile inter-company transactions
- • Familiarity w/ BOM & Routings
- • Create monthly journal entries for accruals and variances
- • Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
- • Cross Functional Training of Cost Accounting Concepts
- • Inventory Valuation Analysis
- • Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- • Responsible for the general ledger.
- • Research and reconcile discrepancies with bank statements, credit cards, and cash receipts.
- • Analyzing financial statements and reporting variances
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
Experience: 4-6 years' experience in an accounting department for a large manufacturer.
- • Familiar with Windows Operating System and MS Office.
- • Excel expert.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • CPA certification.
Description: Senior-level position within job field
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Accounts Payable Administrator Level 2Published on 06/24/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Senior AccountantPublished on 06/19/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Director of Finance & Cost AccountingPublished on 06/27/2020Carson, United States Regular Full time Finance and management