Supplier Quality Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Be the voice of Safran Quality at the supplier and the voice of supplier Quality at Safran. Design, develop, and implement strategies to improve supplier quality performance in a sustainable way. Identify and mitigate any quality related risk. Ensure quality and cost effectiveness of materials by deploying processes capability tools and continuous improvement projects. This position reports to the Supplier Quality Manager in the Supply Chain division.
- - Support new product Introduction, coordinating the process between Safran Engineering team and suppliers. Support first article inspection. Ensure DFMEA and PFMEA are performed in a timely and accurate manner. Challenge key characteristics monitoring
- - Measure the supplier quality performance (KPI). Investigate and manage supplier non-conforming issues and related roots causes analysis to implement sustainable corrective actions (AD8YYYYY)
- - Ensure continued compliance of supplier with inspection delegation requirements (periodic on site audit, monitoring of effectiveness of supplier delegation process)
- - Work in collaboration with other supplier management departments : procurement, engineering, commodity management and SPM
- - Perform evaluation of new and current suppliers in order to ensure compliance with Safran quality and regulatory requirements (e.g., AS9100). Follow up on corrective actions (CAR) resulting from audit findings
- - Based on the supplier risk level, perform periodic assessments of current suppliers in order to identify and mitigate the risks
Education: Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Composite or Industrial Engineering or equivalent education or experience.
Experience: 5+ years of progressive quality experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial manufacturing environment
- - Problem solving and quality tools (Pareto, 8D, Ishikawa, DMAIC…)
- - AS/EN/JISQ 9100 Knowledge
- - Supplier auditor qualified
- - QRQC
- - FMEA and Control plan
- - Understanding of material management
- - Understanding of Part-21 and Part-145
- - Understanding of process manufacturing management (SPC, special processes) and project management
- - Understanding of Lean principles
- - APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society): BASIC certification or equivalent
- - Black/green belt 6 sigma certified
- - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification with AS/EN/JISQ 9100 training
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Supplier Performance Regional Manager, AmericasPublished on 01/16/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Sr. Procurement ManagerPublished on 12/17/2020Irvine, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Planning & Production ControlPublished on 12/17/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Supply chain