A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our mission is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Engineering Intern, you will read and interpret engineering data and schematics to populate engineering databases. You'll have the opportunity to work with product engineering, manufacturing leadership, and support teams to meet business unit goals. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your passion for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our mission by:
- • Interfaces with product engineering, manufacturing leadership, and support teams to meet business unit goals;
- • Supports standardization initiatives across business units;
- • Coordinates with engineering team to implement company engineering strategies;
- • Defines material sorting and grouping to match the process sequence and aid manufacturing;
- • Documents sorting to match the process sequence;
- • Resolves problems related to the manufacturing process;
- • Capitalizes projects using the “I see I do" process;
- • Provides support to improves process layout to optimize product flow;
- • Uses video analysis to improve work methods and procedures;
- • Handle in day-to-day administrative tasks
- • Assists the Process Engineers in management of major projects
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, ergonomic, and environmental program and culture; • Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- • Design and 3D Printing fixtures and poka-yokes
Education and Experience
- - Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferable
- - Minimum Junior year or with equivalent credits
- - Needs to qualify to work under ITAR regulations
- - Lean Manufacturing skills (times and movement study analysis)
- - Microsoft Office tools (Access Data Base, Excel Macro design for automatic fill out)
- - AutoCAD/ similar design skills preferable
- - Team work & communication
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. This position will not include VISA sponsorship.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 940-272-5645. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work!
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Quality Engineering InternPublished on 03/14/2019Denton (tx), United States Internship / Student Quality
Human Resources InternPublished on 03/11/2019Denton (tx), United States Internship / Student Human Resources
Engineering Intern - SummerPublished on 02/26/2019Walton , United States Internship / Student Industrial Engineering