Professional, Engineer & Manager
A glimpse at the job: At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. The role of Facilities Supervisor supports Manufacturing by providing a safe and clean facility that complies with State, Federal and Local compliance codes by project management of capital equipment purchases, physical layout changes and general plant support. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
In this position you would also have the opportunity to the followin:
- • Manage maintenance personnel contract and employees to ensure satisfactory customer service, per budget
- • Ensure effective preventative maintenance program that will safely maintain facility equipment
- • Manage personnel schedules to support a 2 shift operation
- • Supervises facilities maintenance(contract), cleaning crew (contract), Drafting and Fab Shop.
- • Develop on going budgetary tracking of facility expenditures, tooling & equipment maintenance
- • Work with other team members and outside contractors to plan, justify and implement plant projects
- • Coordinate all process and method changes, including layout changes
- • Forecast and manage supplies of spare parts and material per budget
- • Evaluation and documentation for capital equipment purchases and presents to various Management levels
- • Employ Lean Manufacturing principles in the development of long term plant process and layout proposals
- • Coordination of form board fabrication
- • Ensure personnel safety training and observance of safety procedures
- • Responsible for all energy, water, waste, and emission management
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, ergonomic and environmental program and culture
Highlights from our facility:As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Prefers a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field. Requires 3+ years of experience in manufacturing facility maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires 3 years of experience in a leadership role. Electrical experience/license preferred.
- • Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office - Advanced
- • Ability to negotiate and problem-solve - Expert
- • Must be capable of planning projects and operation support - Expert
- • Ability to organize and lead teams to achieve planned results necessary - Expert
- • Ability to analyze financial and other administrative reports - Expert
- • Knowledge of computer aided drafting (preferably AutoCAD) – Beginner
- • Familiarity with Drawings, Fabrication techniques, Electrical, Plumbing per applicable local and state building code standards – Advanced
- • Familiarity with the maintenance and repair of assembly tools and applicable operations required – Advanced
- • Knowledge of ergonomics and safe working procedures - Advanced
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave. Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 940-272-5645. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
MachinistPublished on 05/10/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Database AdministratorPublished on 07/17/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Data management and IT
Systems AdministratorPublished on 07/17/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Data management and IT