Program Buyer I
Employees / Staff
A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Program Buyer I, you coordinate activites involved with procuring products and services. You'll have the opportunity to support the purchasing contract process, help the business meet cost reduction goals, and monitor contract requirements that have been negotiated with suppliers. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Assisting with preparation of bid requests which include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) to establish commercial conditions to procure an item. This may be in support of new production requirements, engineering changes, or in support of the contracts estimating group
- • Loading and maintaining ERP data necessary to allow purchase order placement by supply chain teams
- • Analyzing Bill of Material to identify new Part Numbers (PNs) and track evolution of configuration changes
- • Data mining Bill of Material specific to Program: Approved sources, PN substitutes, alternative designs, and PN equivalencies
- • Interfacing with internal customers to resolve problems and issues relating to purchase items
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of Business, Supply Chain Management or applicable disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- • Prefers 0 - 3 years of experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain, ideally purchasing for electrical components/materials for the Aerospace industry
- • Requires strong negotiation skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple vendors
- • ISM or APICS certification preferred
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 940-272-5700. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.