Quality Engineer II
Professional, Engineer & Manager
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Quality Engineer I, you'll be responsible for maintaining and improving manufacturing quality processes and the Quality Management System to meet internal and external quality requirements. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Develops processes, systems, and equipment that ensure the quality, reliability, and system safety of company or procured products and services
- • Provides quality system design and analysis review to validate the integrity of quality decisions that affect products and services
- • Analyzes contractual, product definition, and specification requirements for the development or modification of methods, procedures, and metrics needed to ensure that quality standards and practices are attained
- • Analyzes and provides material review dispositions for nonconforming materials, parts, and equipment
- • Performs scientific evaluations and analyses and processes audits
- • Tests and approves products, processes, equipment, and measurement systems
- • Develops and uses statistical methodologies to ensure that specified levels of safety, reliability, and process capability are achieved, maintained, or improved;
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Education and Experience:
- • Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in Engineering or other related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- • General life cycle manufacturing knowledge - Advanced
- • Configuration Management - Advanced
- • Contract structure - Advanced
- • AS9100 – Policy and Procedure - Advanced
- • Root cause corrective action planning - Advanced
- • Model Base Definition - Advanced
- • Auditing – internal/supplier/specific (DPD) - Advanced
- • Sigma/DPMO – Data Reporting - Advanced
- • Group – Team Player - Advanced
- • Technical competence and confidence to present facts favorable and plans for change - Advanced
- • Exact area of expertise, Manufacturing - Advanced
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Emily.Theobald@safrangroup.com or call: 940-272-5626. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Database AdministratorPublished on 07/17/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Data management and IT
Systems AdministratorPublished on 07/17/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Data management and IT
BOM Engineering Area Team LeaderPublished on 07/16/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Supply chain