Senior Cabinet Builder
- • Supports the mentorship and training of the cabinet builders.
- • Reads, interprets and analyzes customer specification documents.
- • Reads and interprets engineering drawings.
- • Works with aerospace materials consistently.
- • Bonds hinge blocks into panels, set doors, drawers, etc.
- • Fabricates hardwood bullnose, corian counter tops.
- • Prepares kerf and fiberglass panels.
- • Applies adhesives and epoxies to materials.
- • Builds drawers and cabinets on large monuments.
- • Applies and works with veneer on product.
- • Lays out and routes for switches, cup holders & inlays.
- • Installs inlays.
- • Lays out and cuts materials on the table saw.
- • Operates CNC and Pin Router.
- • Wears safety equipment as required and practices safety guidelines/procedures, including Hazardous Materials guidelines.
- • Produces a quality product consistently.
- • Interprets scheduling requirements to makes adjustments as needed.
- • Properly maintains shop tools and equipment.
- • Maintains a neat, organized work area and help with the general daily housekeeping of the department.
- • Meets target hours and completes schedules as set by Supervision.
- • Trains and instructs others.
- • Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of four years aircraft cabinetry experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
- • Ability to lead and motivate team members towards project objectives.
- • Ability to share lessons learned and company processes and procedures with new employees.
- • Ability to share applicable knowledge and effectively train others.
- • Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- • Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
- • Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving using decimals and fractions.
- • Ability to identify and operate proper tools for the task assigned.
- • Exhibits hand-eye coordination skills.
- • Ability to identify application characteristics of adhesives and epoxies.
- • Ability to read measuring instruments.
- • Ability to correctly label parts for re-assemble.
- • Ability to build shop aids.
- • Ability to fabricate small sheet metal parts (angles, clips, brackets, etc.)
- • Ability to manufacture items needed for final assembly adjustments (shims, blocks, etc.)
- • Ability to travel as required.
- • Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- • Able to comply with DOT/FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- • Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
- • Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- • Able to reach overhead.
- • Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
- • Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
- • Full range of motion with both hands.
- • Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas.
The minimum required tools must be obtained within 6 months after initial employment.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Production ManagerPublished on 04/28/2021Denton, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Associate Manufacturing EngineerPublished on 05/10/2021Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
LRUS TechnicianPublished on 05/05/2021Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair