Aerospace Assembly Technician
Employees / Staff
Assembler I: Position pays $14.50 to $17.50 per hour depending on experience.
Assembler II: Position pays $17.50 to $20.50 per hour depending on experience.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA, LLC currently has an opening for an Assembly Technician.
Under limited supervision, performs electronic, electromechanical or mechanical assembly operations to build up and assemble units of moderate complexity by performing the following duties.
- - Works from blueprints, production/assembly instructions, parts lists, diagrams and verbal instructions to assemble, wire and install subassembly and assembly units.
- - Utilizes small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and hammers.
- - Measures parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gauges and scales.
- - Inspects, tests, and adjusts completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems USA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
- - Prefer two years' experience in assembly operations
- - High school diploma or equivalent required.
- - Experience in reading electrical test instruments.
- - The ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- - Must have good verbal and written communication skills including basic conversational and written English; reading comprehension (understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents).
- - Experience working with computers and the Internet.
- - Aerospace experience a plus
- - Applicant must have excellent hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and physical durability.
- - Near vision (see details at a close range) and ability to distinguish colors
- - Finger dexterity (ability to quickly move your hand, together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects)
- - Able to list and carry a minimum of 25 pounds without accommodations
- - Sitting for an entire shift
- - Repetitive motion for an entire shift
- - Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to included but not limited to safety glasses, wrist straps, gloves, etc.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.
MechanicPublished on 04/19/2019Savannah, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Production PlannerPublished on 04/19/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Programs
High Temp Production LeadPublished on 04/18/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair