Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Ventilation Systems USA, LLC is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation equipment and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, helicopters and military aircraft. Safran Ventilation Systems SAS, based out of Toulouse, France specializes in the design and manufacture of large complex ventilation equipment and is the world leader in variable frequency technology. Safran Ventilation Systems USA is based in Everett, WA and focuses on the design and manufacture of small fans and valves.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA currently has an opening for a Buyer I.
The Buyer will optimize and maintain the flow of demand, purchasing, transport and delivery of orders for production and repairs.
- - Review and place planned orders for inventory to be used in production activity
- - Update AX acknowledgement data (AR dates, cost, part number changes) within 48 hours of receipt
- - Prepare “Bi-Monthly” report, Perfo Reports, and others and take action as necessary
- - Maintain item master for applicable items to ensure system accuracy
- - Support MRO by analyzing usage in repair and spares sales trends for piece parts and determine appropriate safety stock
- - Process manual requisition order requirements
- - Manage status on missing parts and conduct analysis to reduce missing part trends
- - Respond to changes in customer requirement, including feasibility analyses, and delegate/distribute information internally
- - Collaborate with Suppliers
- - Prepare reports, review and adjust monthly forecast for MRO activities
- - Make adjustments of forecast reconciliation, forecast changes, consumption rate (scrap factors) changes, ABC classification changes, etc.
- - Conduct calculation of scrap factors for parts used in repairs, and adjust and maintain as necessary.
- - Track incoming parts through manifests, emails and carrier invoices to ensure on time deliveries
- - Collaborate with customs broker to ensure inbound traffic delivery
- - Contact vendors to resolve receiving discrepancies
- - High School Diploma
- - Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management or five years' related experience preferred
- - APICS Certification preferred
- - Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
- - Buying/planning experience preferred
- - Aviation Industry Experience preferred
- - Knowledge of MRP II Process preferred
- - ERP system experience preferred
- - Work orders, bill of materials, manufacturing planning, demand and replenishment procedures preferred
- - Supply Chain Management practices and procedures, including placing purchase orders preferred
- - Advanced Excel Experience preferred
Safran Ventilation Systems USA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems USA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.