Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Ventilation Systems USA currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineer.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, conducting failure analysis, supporting the definition of hardware to be used in electromechanical equipment, validation of designs and component selection as well as supporting the selection of components that are subject to obsolescence.
- • Support new product development.
- • Work closely with mechanical design, engineering hardware design team located in France, and product management to drive new development of programs from concept to production.
- • Develop, design, and modify products to the defined requirements including analysis, laboratory tests, simulation, and field evaluation to assure compliance to project and customer and industry requirements.
- • Provide component engineering support and creation/analysis of PCB layouts.
- • Prepare the documents required to define the products and show verification of analytics.
- • Follow company document control and quality procedures for engineering design and development.
- • Analyze problems and identify design solutions as applicable.
- • Analyze electronics and electrical designs by hand and by using analysis tools.
- • Maintain, troubleshoot and enhance existing electromechanical and electronic products
- • Assist quality department regarding NC of hardware components.
- • Provide technical assistance to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
- • Provide test and evaluation support including input to ATP and QTP test plans and procedures.
- • Mentoring colleagues.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Required Education and/or Experience
- • BS in Electrical engineering + 5 years of work related experience
- • Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips and electronic equipment
- • Experience with RTCA DO-254
- • Experience in analog circuit design
- • Hands on experience in bench top prototype circuit verification, PCB layout verification, familiar with electrical and electronics test equipment
- • Knowledge of asynchronous and synchronous motors
- • Experience in digital circuit design
- • Experience with RTCA DO-160
- • Knowledge of Cadence Allegro Tools
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems USA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee or be able to obtain an export control license.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems USA is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.
Sr Systems Engineer - Performance AnalysisPublished on 09/13/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Program Buyer IIPublished on 09/11/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Section Program ManagerPublished on 09/07/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Programs