Lean Sigma Specialist II
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Lean Sigma Specialist II, you provde advanced technical knowledge and leadership to Lean Sigma projects that affect the organization. You'll have the opportunity to ensure compliance of Lean Sigma methodologies, develop recommendations for Lean principles, and utlize your project management skills. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Assigning/evaluating standards and ensures compliance of methodologies (5s standards, Lean Sigma methodology, etc.);
- • Gathering data, conducting analyses, and developing recommendations for implementation of 5s and Lean principles;
- • Planning Lean Sigma projects that will produce significant savings and will increase company competitiveness;
- • Applying project management skills to implement improvements and Green Belt projects, ensuring the projects are within budget and on schedule;
- • Documenting current business metrics related to 5s and Lean performance and reports to management;
- • Facilitating work teams, provides necessary training, and leads problem resolution and process improvement;
- • Coaching improvement projects conducted by others and provides Lean Sigma expertise to the project;
- • Fostering the Lean Sigma culture within the organization;
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Requires 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement environment
- • Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- • Advanced Knowledge of Lean Sigma tools
- • Ability to organize, plan, and lead large-scale projects that cross many functional groups
- • Prefer experience in the aerospace sector, or equivalent experience
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Production PlannerPublished on 02/16/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Programs
Program Management InternPublished on 02/20/2019Everett, United States Internship / Student Programs
Programs Analytics ManagerPublished on 10/10/2018Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Programs