Liaison Software Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Liaison Software Engineer, you will be the on-site liaison at the customer site. You will perform: technical reviews, data exchange, and project monitoring. In addition, you will deliver technical support for software development activities. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you! This is a full-time temporary position, expected to last 1 year (with the possibility of extension).
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Performing assigned tasks to meet expectations for quality, schedule, and process compliance.
- • Ensuring application of business unit best practices and identifying the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- • Translating program technical requirements into work requirements, processes, and tasks.
- • Developing solutions to complex problems, which require ingenuity and innovation.
- • Identifying and communicating the need for new or enhanced software design requirements.
- • Collaborating and coordinating with customers to develop software design and qualification solutions.
- • Communicating and implementing software design solutions.
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Bachelor's degree in Systems/Software Engineering
- • 0–3 years of experience in an engineering classification
- • 2 Years of Experience in C, C++ Design and Script
- • Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
- • Proficient in Embedded Software Development
- • Knowledge in RTCA DO-178B Standard
- • Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- • Analytical and skilled in problem-solving
- • Ability to organize multiple priorities and liaise with teams
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: (425) 407-6709. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Lead Software Test EngineerPublished on 08/01/2019Twinsburg, United States Regular Full time Software
Software EngineerPublished on 06/21/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Software
Computer Engineering ManagerPublished on 04/17/2019New Brighton, United States Regular Full time Software