Program Buyer I
Employees / Staff
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Program Buyer I, you will coordinate activities involved with procuring products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising for the company. You'll have the opportunity to support the purchasing contract process and monitor contract requirements that have been negotiated with suppliers. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Assuring procurement conditions exist for parts to maintain warehouse inventory and stock levels.
- • Establishing pricing information related to program materials. Defining source based on approved suppliers, prices, lead-times, Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ). Providing the Labinal North America Wire Division (LNAWD) Materials department with information allowing purchase order placement.
- • Preparing bid requests which include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP).
- • Reviewing bid proposals and supporting contract negotiations.
- • Supporting the procurement requirements of the program plan ensuring shortages will not impact production.
- • Supports the development of value engineering activities to reduce component cost, component weight, and improve production efficiencies at manufacturing sites.
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Bachelor's degree or equivalent: Business or Supply Chain Management or applicable disciplines.
- • 1–3 years of experience in Purchasing, ideally purchasing for electrical components/materials for the Aerospace industry.
- • Expert fluency in English and French (preferred).
- • Strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple vendors.
- • Advanced Microsoft Office computer application skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook).
- • Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- • Ability to lead groups and teams.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- • Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) (preferred).
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 425-407-6709. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Purchasing SpecialistPublished on 03/21/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Commodity ManagerPublished on 07/11/2019Irving, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Lean Six Sigma SpecialistPublished on 07/09/2019Everett, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement