Program Buyer II
Professional, Engineer & Manager
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Program Buyer II, you will coordinate activities involved with procuring products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising for the company. You'll have the opportunity to support the purchasing contract process. In addition you'll work on cost reduction goals, complex bill of material evolution, sub-contractor management, and support basic value engineering. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Preparing bid requests, which include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) to establish commercial conditions to procure an item. This may be in support of new production requirements, engineering changes, or in support of the contracts estimating group (new business).
- • Loading and maintaining ERP data necessary to allow purchase order placement by supply chain teams.
- • Interfacing with internal customers to resolve problems and issues relating to purchase items.
- • Analyzing complex Bill of Material evolution to identify areas of opportunity, trends, configuration changes, etc.
- • Managing the purchasing responsibilities relating to the change management process.
- • Identifying areas of risk and establishes mitigation plans as defined by the risk management process.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 425-407-6709. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of Business, Supply Chain Management or applicable disciplines.
- • Requires 3–5 years of experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain, ideally purchasing for electrical components/materials for the Aerospace industry.
- • Fluent in English
- • Strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple vendors.
- • Microsoft Office computer application skills.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.