Improvement Project Lead
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Reporting to the Site Performance Improvement Manager, the objectives and missions are:
- • At the request of a sponsor, the improvement project leads projects contributing to enhance the performance of a process or an activity
- • He/She creates the conditions to promote the improvement, innovation and related tools and organize best practices sharing
To set boundaries to the project with the help of the sponsor
- • To implement the structure of the project management (especially the decision-making body
- • To identify the needs in resources and negotiate their provision with the sponsor
- • To implement ambitious improvement projects using methods such as Lean Sigma
- • To drive the project in incorporating its change management
- • To support and lead other projects pilots. They supervise projects led by GB (or BB if MBB) and develop their skills
- • To involve the projects shareholders
- • To share feedbacks with other project pilots
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Business/Operations
Experience: 10+ years of experience in the following areas: Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain; Customer Services; Production; Quality; Engineering; Information Technology; Logistics or Planning.
- • Knowledge of the company, Group, management system, processes and organizations
- • Knowledge of the project management and risks management
- • Knowledge of the leverages of changes in complex organizations
- • Knowledge of the basics in terms of techno-economic management and performance management
- • Knowledge of the Lean Sigma tools and methods
- • Proficiency in the use of common software packages including MS Office suite - Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- • Leadership
- • Capacity to negotiate
- • Capacity to delegate
- • Capacity to solve difficult problems in complex situations
- • Experience of the functional and transverse management of multidisciplinary teams
- • Capacity to work in a multicultural and international environment
- • Ability to conduct changes
- • Practical experiences of Safran tools and methods including Lean Sigma and the management of complex projects
- • Capacity to identify the leverages of performance improvement
- • Capacity to involve and confederate
- • Great organization and personal structuring
- • Great coordinator
- • Qualities in interpersonal relationships and capacity to kindly challenge the organizations
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Division Performance Improvement DirectorPublished on 02/14/2020Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
DIVISION PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT DIRECTOR - Cabin Santa MariaPublished on 02/19/2020Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Improvement Project LeadPublished on 02/14/2020Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement