Employees / Staff
The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning, including producing schedules, material lists, and production plans.
- • Plans and schedules work flow for every single work station according to the manufacturing sequence of operation and control lead time.
- • Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing sequence, assembly and production work flow.
- • Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- • Prepares production reports, productivity reports, cost analysis graphs and delivery charts that drive process and performance improvement.
- • Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy,” establishes safety stock/Reorder points, and validates Bill of Material in the MRP system
- • Sets up all purchase requisitions for Purchasing personnel, based on need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
- • Plans and releases intercompany requirements and maintains Distribution Orders to ensure on time delivery and right quality
- • Manages intercompany transfers
- • Read, interpret, create and validate complex, multi-level Bill of Material
- • Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
- • Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate any changes
- • Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
- • Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
- • Preserves engineering revision control
- • May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff
- • Performs work under general supervision
- • Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and escalates more complex issues to higher level staff
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience working in an ERP/MRP environment required
Experience: 3+ years of production planning and/or material planning experience.
- • Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
- • MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Experience with an MRP system.
- • Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP) requirements, purchase order and manufacturing order generation process logic, and inventory management practices.
- • Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operation and shipping and receiving.
- • Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities related to aircraft lavatory production.
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate
- • Ability to read and analyze engineering prints and drawings
- • Dedication and commitment to ensure all work is completed without exception.
- • Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
- • Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
- • Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
- • Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
- • Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
- • Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
- • Ability to make timely decisions and take action
- • Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
- • Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Bachelor's degree in supply chain
- • Previous supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience with a global organization
- • Experience reading and analyzing engineering prints and drawings
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-KO1
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Demand ManagerPublished on 03/04/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Administrative
Operations ManagerPublished on 02/26/2021Carson , United States Regular Full time Administrative
Sales Order Administrator 2Published on 02/24/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Administrative