Project Manager 1
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
- • Helps to define and implement the development plan according to Safran's standard development process and in line with performance, quality, delivery and cost commitments as defined by the program manager or division/Business Unit leader
- • Applies project management methods in accordance with Safran's project management guidelines (handbook). Is able to use PBS/WBS/OBS tools and project management plan
- • Plans and conducts project development reviews (MER1 through MER8) and support program milestone reviews as applicable
- • Is familiar with and has implemented the basic principles of planning (PERT, Gantt chart, margins, critical path, etc.).
- • Is familiar with the principles of budget management (quotes, budget, S-curves, remaining workload, cost-at-completion, etc.) Identifies and updates project performance metrics. Analyzes variance to determine & implement corrective actions.
- • Identifies project risk (quantitative and qualitative), establishes mitigation plans & drives mitigation actions following Safran's risk process
- • Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies productivity and lessons learned
- • Provides project leadership to ensure high quality deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- • Monitor problem solving and ensure root cause corrective action and recovery plan is defined & executed
- • Assist in the estimate fiscal year budgeting & business case process
- • Leads the creation of the project management plan
- • Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into project planning and control
- • Analyze proposed and document project/work package changes. Develop change packages, as needed for program change control board review/approval
- • Report and escalate to management as needed
- • Other duties maybe assigned
The Project Manager 1 oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific small-medium size short-term development projects. Project manager 1 oversees the development of a product or service or manage an investment project.
The project manager 1 is responsible for ensuring that all technical, cost, quality and delivery requirements are met. This includes meeting all recurring cost (RC) objectives, manufacturing, purchasing and maintenance. The project manager has budget accountability as delegated by a program manager, or Division/Business unit leader.
Education: Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or other Technical discipline
- • (with Bachelor's degree) 3-5 years of related experience leading a work package
- • Experience within the aviation and/or aerospace industry.
- • Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- • Previous experience in planning or managing projects, as well as, the ability to develop, lead, motivate working teams.
- • Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required):
- • Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- • Bachelor's degree in Engineering
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required up to 60%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Sales Order Administrator 1Published on 05/13/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Sales Order Administrator 1Published on 04/29/2021Garden Grove, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Field Application Engineer for Flight Test & Mission SystemsPublished on 05/17/2021Norcross, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support