Repair Station Technician 3
This position receives, inspects, tests, and troubleshoots and repairs items coming from customers to get repaired. This position also creates the quote for chargeable repairs, prepares tear down notes, and prepares the repaired items for shipment.
- • Log incoming repairs by creating records of customer units received for repair including customer name, unit ID, return date, etc.
- • Inspect unit and create general plan for troubleshooting
- • Test unit and direct and narrow troubleshooting plan
- • Troubleshoot and repair. Determine exact cause(s) of failure(s) and rectify.
- • Prepare and send quote for chargeable repairs. Customer must approve charges for repairs.
- • Prepare tear down notes, complete and sign appropriate documents. Comply with Safran procedures and FAA regulations and any FAA approved government and industry standard practices, as well as any other manufacturer instructions for continued airworthiness.
- • Prepare unit for packing and move to packing department. Ensure that all of customer's property is returned and that required documents are with unit for packing and shipment.
- • Requires experience in discipline
- • Conducts routine tasks as directed
- • Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
- • Keep work area in accordance with 5S+1
- • Understand and participate in QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control)
- • Obtain FAA repairman certificate
- • May be required to train new repair technicians
Experience: 5+ years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), ERP knowledge and experience
- • Excellent electro-mechanical assembly and troubleshooting skills.
- • Read and understand technical publications and drawings and schematics.
- • Strong attention to details and work in a fast-faced department and be able to handle stress diplomatically.
- • Ability to communicate clearly in English language.
- • Excellent oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Crimping and Soldering Skills
- • 2-year technical degree
- • Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Specificity of the job
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Chief InspectorPublished on 03/22/2020Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Director of Finance & Cost AccountingPublished on 06/27/2020Carson, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Product Developer II - Automation FrameworksPublished on 06/26/2020Brea, United States Regular Full time Software