Employees / Staff
Purpose of the Role
Procure goods, materials and services to ensure the company operational needs and goals are met, by taking into account price, quality and delivery and by ensuring continuity of supply to production for delivering on time to the company end customers.
- • Responsible and accountable for main commodity (Electrical) and other commodities (Molds, Seal/Gaskets, others)
- • Act as interface between suppliers and the company's stakeholders or relevant departments: Engineering, Finance, Production, Planning, Quality, Warehouse and Sales
- • Purchase goods, materials, components or service in line with specified costs, quality and delivery target
- • Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- • Assess, monitor, manage and improve its suppliers' portfolio performance
- • Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization
- • Monitor ERP messages or reports to ensure supply continuity, evaluate inventory levels and place purchase orders to support customer orders and replenish targeted stock levels.
- • Process and manage purchase requisitions, purchase orders, order acknowledgements and amendments, expedites or cancellation, invoice reconciliation, Suppliers non-conformances, deviations and returns
- • Proactively monitor purchases order delivery dates to support Production schedule
- • Manage shortages and coordinate with production planning to adjust demand or supply level
- • Work in close collaboration with Supplier Quality to manage Supplier non-conformances, deviations, documentation gaps or corrective actions
- • Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) for non-conforming materials and execute timely its material dispositions when assigned
- • Initiate internal or external corrective actions to solve issues, such as but not limited to initiating Engineering Change orders on Purchased items to support design or documentation updates
- • Ensure compliance to company Quality Management Systems (QMS), and purchasing guidelines, policies or procedures
- • Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc. Applies cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions.
- • Determines optimal methods of procurement process such as discrete or blanket orders, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), etc. in alignment with the company strategy to optimize its purchased inventory levels
- • Determine and manage optimal order levels by reviewing ERP logistic settings, such as supplier lead-time, order minimums, capacity, shipment methods, freight costs and other relevant variables as necessary.
Supplier performance management and improvement
- • Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships with effective communication skills and by continuously monitoring the flow of information or requirement, both external an
- • Participate in continuous improvement initiatives related to overall process or policy improvements. Identify process improvements within the procurement workflow and documentation, as well as execute for standardization.
- • Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- • Other assignments or tasks assigned as and when required
Skills and Attributes
- • Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- • Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
- • Proactively contributes to the team and actively commits to teams/peers development
- • Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- • Is self-aware and optimistic by showing openness and honesty in all dealings
- • Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, achieve set targets and meet deadlines
- • Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
- • Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- • Maintains records and systems consistent with a professional approach to purchasing activities.
- • Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- • Able to add value, identify problems, offer solution or input to business improvements and reduce costs
- • Bachelor's degree in Business, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- • Minimum 5 years of experience working in a purchasing team preferably, or other supply chain functions, within an automotive or manufacturing environment
- • Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- • Demonstrated knowledge of MRP/ERP and Product Life Management (PLM) applications; experience with MFG Pro/QAD ERP a plus
- • Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills are mandatory, advanced skills in Excel or database are beneficial
- • Must be fluent in English
- • Other requirements (preferred or a plus):
o Experience in working closely with suppliers
o Ability to read engineering drawings or blueprint is an asset
o Experience in Aerospace or regulated industry with ISO certification
o Experience working in a matrix style organization and complying to both corporate and local requirements
o Familiar with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.