Customer Support Manager - Lakota Key Account
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Define and pilot customer support for the Lakota Program, one of Safran'sHE USA largest customers with the following targets:
- • To ensure customer satisfaction and further develop customer loyalty.
- • To grow business as well as meet financial expectations (turnover, ebit, cash).
- • Act as liaison between SafranHE USA and the customer in matters pertaining to purchasing and delivering of spare parts while coordinating with internal SafranHE USA teams and SafranHE teams to meet those expectations.
- • Coordinate the flow of customer assets between SafranHE USA departments, and is responsible for delivery within contract requirements
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure coordination of the support of customer fleet daily operations within SafranHE USA organization
- • Coordinate any needed actions to ensure excellence of support provided to customer on all aspects: technical, logistical, and commercial with all SafranHE USA appropriate teams
- • Provide follow-up to customer questions and concerns, preferably anticipate them and manage the fulfillment of SafranHE USA customer respective and agreed commitments
- • Monitors and reviews production and MRO schedules to ensure contractual delivery schedules are met
- • Review solicitations, request for quotes, warranty and provisioning request and assure responses consistent with contract
- • Negotiate and manage customer commercial gestures and discount with SafranHE USA in accordance with SafranHE requirements.
- • Develop and monitor contract performance utilizing KPIs that bring added value to the Program
- • Establish performance review process (internal and external), including participation of key players to account for ownership and program improvement as needed to meet contract requirements
- • Act as an escalation point on operational and contractual issues when needed and lead corrective actions within SafranHE USA
- • Develop and update annually the customer's actors' map
- • Identify, initiate and drive new best practices and continuous improvement initiatives
Understand and anticipate customer's needs and expectations by establishing a wide and strong network between customer and SafranHE USA team
- • Responsible to plan and forecast support requirements to meet contract requirements, including removals / throughputs, field support provisioning, and in- house engine and component maintenance operations (Quarterly removal forecast).
- • Represents SafranHE USA in customer program reviews, key industry related conferences and interface meetings, as well as any financial or commercial negotiation with customers.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • Develops departmental procedures for fulfilling project objectives; identifies problems; and recommends solutions. Monitors departmental expenditures in accordance with budget set by them. Has authority to act at his own discretion, with review or audit by Director of Customer Support on an annual basis. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to reconstruct the entire team effort.
- • Assigns and monitors work of subordinates, including training and coaching; conducting of ongoing performance planning and appraisal; hiring, transferring, promoting, or terminating employees; and recommending actions. Manage employees as required
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and/or Five to ten years related experience to customer support preferably in aerospace products and services.
- • Strong leadership and initiative
- • Culture of change and continuous improvement
- • Capacity to negotiate in a very sensitive environment with multiple decision makers.
- • Strategic vision on how to impact relationship and customer satisfaction
- • Ability to develop KPIs to ensure that performance (financial, support…) as well as customer satisfaction are well measured and driven to expectation
- • Capacity to develop action plans to meet KPIs target
- • Ability to anticipate and react to potential issues in a timely manner and develop needed action plans through the complete SafranHE community
- • Capacity to understand financial reports, develop some reports with the help of SafranHE USA finance team and drive financial expectations for the contract to be profitable at the level set at execution of the contract
- • Advanced Professional - Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations can be applied immediately.
- • Experience in government programs and contracts, including a broad understanding of contractual terms and conditions. Contract negotiation and contract management would be appreciated.
- • Advanced – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project
- • Software Knowledge: SAP
5.0 Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- • The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- • The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- • Travel – approximately 30-40% Domestic and International
Support commercial and contractual negotiations with customer
- • Develop sales forecast and monitor sales as well as identify new business opportunities
- • Support development of commercial proposals with Programs and corporate teams as requested by customer. Systematically pursue opportunities to develop creative support schemes that can improve customer satisfaction
- • Monitor global performance via development of 10 years business case, 5 years consolidated turnover & margin forecast, monthly consolidated financial KPIs
- • Manage support decisions using the Business Plan as a reference:
- - short term: ensure a gap analysis is run between commercial quote vs. business plan costs criteria
- - medium/long term: average gap analysis actual vs. business plan criteria (cost & removal rates)
- - improvement plan: identify and manage actions plan to secure contract margin in the long run
- - ensure knowledge and application of contract by supporting team
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with over 72,000 engines produced since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of turbine engines, the company boasts 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Technical Services ManagerPublished on 01/15/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Programs
Business Segment ManagerPublished on 01/15/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Customer Account ManagerPublished on 01/12/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support