Health Safety and Environment Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Responsible for coordinating all activities regarding Environmental, Health and Safety while directing and implementing the organizational safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment across two facilities by performing the following duties:
- - Leading and implementing the HSE program across two facilities including training, executing action plans, monitoring and auditing. Responsible for deploying and implementing HSE through the use of an HSE council.
- - Developing, implementing, maintaining, and supervising safety programs;
- - Ensuring the facility is in compliance with all environmental regulations as well as ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS);
- - Requisitioning tools, equipment and supplies;
- - Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations;
- - Suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew;
- - Analyzing and resolving work problems or assisting workers in solving work problems;
- - Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal;
- - Maintaining and administering plant security system.
- - Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations;
- - Planning and implementing programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials.
- - Preparing studies and analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- - Providing information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- - Maintaining safety files and records.
- - Responsibility for on time submittal and management of all internal and external HSE related reporting
- - Representing the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs;
- - Supporting the documentation, implementation and maintenance of the ISO procedures and programs, to ensure successful ISO Certification and continued compliance to the specified requirements.
- - Administering change management for new equipment and chemicals, insuring regulatory compliance and proper safety preparation and procedures.
- - HSE responsibility for CA and TX sites.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3) Required Competencies:
Basic Qualifications (all candidates must meet these requirements):
- - Bachelor`s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or 5 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- - Advanced Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, plus knowledge and experience with PowerPoint, MS Project, and Windows 2000/2003.
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
Skills and Abilities Preferred Qualifications (we would like candidates to meet these requirements):
Knowledge of OSHA regulations
Knowledge of FAA regulations for building safety
Knowledge of hazardous materials
Construction related skills
Ability to handle IT and paper information
Writing (procedures, emails to customers or suppliers)
IT skills: office tools
Ability to negotiate contracts with providers of service
Ability to identify and implement improvement initiatives
Knowledge of corporate policies
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
Communication skills (internal and external)
4) Physical Requirements (candidates must meet these requirements) :
Office / Field
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - Ability to work at heights
- - Noise level in the work environment: Quite office environment to manufacturing environment requiring hearing protection.
- - Required “On Call” duty.
- - Travel required – 50%, including internationally.
- - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipments).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Expeditor - LRUSPublished on 10/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Field RepresentativePublished on 10/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Warranty AdministratorPublished on 10/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Customer services and support