Lead Mechanical Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Responsible for the mechanical design, development, drawings, and engineering BOM of existing and new products, in accordance with the technical specifications.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Responsible for the mechanical design of the airborne Safran products, as well as the test benches, jigs and tools needed.
- - Responsible and operational day to day management of the mechanical engineering activities and mechanical group: follow up, status, reporting, KPI, presentation, etc…
- - Design new products and modify existing products in accordance with company directives, technical specifications, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standards.
- - Manage, mentor and train junior mechanical engineers and CAD designers.
- - Responsible for Enovia PLM administration (Change Request, Change Order) and training.
- - Major/minor change analysis for designed and certified products.
- - Evaluate, review mechanical designs and engineering drawings.
- - Participate on multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams. Work with other engineering disciplines (Electrical, Quality, and Manufacturing) to optimize designs for manufacturability and reliability.
- - Analyze and answer the nonconformance material requests.
- - Perform in house or subcontract mechanical simulation analysis (Fluid Flow, Heat Transfer, Vibration, etc.) as needed for new and existing mechanical designs. Manage and follow the subcontractor accordingly: creation and review of SOW, follow up, status, reporting, KPI, presentation, etc…
- - Perform engineering testing in-house and at test houses.
- - Responsible for meeting company and customer quality standards.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
3) Required Competencies:
Basic Qualifications (all candidates must meet these requirements):
- - Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a regionally accredited institution with minimum of 3-5 years' experience in mechanical design.
- - Experience using 3D modeling software such as Solidworks, CATIA, Pro\E, and AutoCAD.
- - Excellent team working skills, prompt to initiative, autonomous.
- - Medium Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. (ITAR). All applicants to be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee, or refugee.
Skills and Abilities: Preferred Qualifications (we would like candidates to meet these requirements)
Knowledge of Enovia or other PLM system for documentation control and workflow
Proficiency in 3D modeling & FEM simulation with Solidworks or equivalent software
Knowledge working to industry standards and military specifications
Knowledge of Geometric, Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and engineering drawing standards
Knowledge of electronic circuits and schematics is a plus. (DC voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, inductance)
4) Physical Requirements (candidates must meet these requirements):
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- - Maybe required to travel to the customer's base or any other location relevant to the correct execution of the contract and company's commitment (e.g. key supplier, partner).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Expeditor - LRUSPublished on 10/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Field RepresentativePublished on 10/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Warranty AdministratorPublished on 10/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Customer services and support