Employees / Staff
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Materials Handler will handle job activities with moderate difficulty involving the receipt, inspection, storage, packaging, shipping and certification of parts and components. In this role you will work and follow processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in operational projects, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- • Verifies that all incoming or outgoing parts/materials/components comply with ISO 9001(2000) International Standard, the Aviation Suppliers Association Quality System Standard ASA-100, and CFM Materials Quality standards.
- • Visually examines materials and accompanying paperwork for defects and sorts of articles according to extent of defect. Accurately identified part numbers, serial numbers and quantities and assures all match the accompanying paperwork.
- • Attaches identification data onto article, and inputs required part history/part data into the local database.
- • Records factors causing materials to be rejected. Verify that all required trace documentation is with the received order or shipped order.
- • Assists in the loading/unloading and packaging/unpacking of outgoing/incoming shipments.
- • Performs other job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- • High school diploma, or GED
- • At least 5years of aviation, logistics or relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- • Aircraft component knowledge
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills
- • Ability to thrive in a cross functional team environment
- • Excellent interpersonal skills
- • PC proficiency
- • Detail and process-oriented mindset
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
No travel is expected for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, develops, manufactures and markets, either on its own or in collaboration with partners, engines for commercial and military aircraft, to the best levels of performance, reliability and environmental friendliness. Through CFM International (a 50:50 JV between Safran Aicraft Engines and GE), the company is also the world leader in short- and medium-haul aircraft propulsion systems.
Warehouse Clerk - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 12/08/2019Marysville, United States Regular Full time General Services
Senior Kitting CoordinatorPublished on 12/03/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Manager - External QualityPublished on 11/25/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Quality