Mechanical Engineer Intern
Recherche, conception et développement
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Summary of Job Purpose:
The Mechanical Engineer Intern works in a cooperative team environment with other mechanical engineers. His/her main task is the in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of the final Enovia2016 and SolidWorks2017 integration as well as assisting the mechanical engineering team with the integration and the training of other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
Work with the mechanical engineering team with 3D designs and 2D drawings on company products.
Create document and test procedures to check-in and check-out 3D models and 2D drawings from Solidworks from/to Enovia.
Perform functional tests of the Enovia2016 and SolidWorks2017 integration.
Generate problem reports and work with lead mechanical engineer and Enovia coordinator to rectify the issues
Develop best practices and create associated work instructions. Provide department trainings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements.
Education / Experience:
- - Current Engineering student in an accredited Four (4) year program.
- - Mechanical Engineering or Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline student with 2 years completed preferred.
- - Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- - Experience with 3D modeling and 2D drawings (Solidworks or Catia or Pro/E or AutoCAD or other CAD tools)
- - Basic experience with Enovia or other Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools would be a plus. Candidate without PLM experience will be trained.
- - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Points.
- - Good documentation and communication skills
Physical Requirements :
- - Office
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
Mechanical Engineering Summer InternshipPublished on 04/22/2019Grand Prairie , United States Internship / Student Means and equipment maintenance
Marketing Summer InternshipPublished on 04/18/2019Grand Prairie , United States Internship / Student Sales & Marketing
IT Support Specialist InternPublished on 04/11/2019Grand Prairie, United States Internship / Student Data management and IT