Reports to: President & CEO
The Operations Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- • Provide total cell / group leadership in the attainment of goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance.
- • Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
- • Lead cell / group to achieving goals in asset utilization, process improvement, delivered quality and cost reduction
- • Ensure communication of key business / customer issues to employees
- • Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments
- • Ensure assigned employees are aware/comply with all CFM Materials' government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- • Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product / process producibility and delivered quality requirements
- • Select, hire, train, develop, and provide ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel
- • Develop necessary business plans to enhance all program requirements; including throughput, labor hours, cycle, cost producibility, and image
- • Structure assigned organization and staff positions with personnel to accomplish business objectives
- • Provide ongoing supervision and counseling for employees, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training
- • Strong oral and written communication skills
- • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Required Education and Experience
- • Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- • At least 5 additional years of experience in a shop leadership position
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- • Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by CFM Materials as well as government and other customers
- • Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, develops, manufactures and markets, either on its own or in collaboration with partners, engines for commercial and military aircraft, to the best levels of performance, reliability and environmental friendliness. Through CFM International (a 50:50 JV between Safran Aicraft Engines and GE), the company is also the world leader in short- and medium-haul aircraft propulsion systems.
Health Safety and Environment ManagerPublished on 09/13/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Lead Mechanical EngineerPublished on 09/12/2019Grand Prairie, United States Regular Full time Mechanics
Technical Support EngineerPublished on 09/11/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair