Employees / Staff
Summary of Job Purpose:
- - Assures quality standards by performing inspections of incoming material, in-process articles, and final product in a manufacturing environment. Examine components to ensure that assembly repairs are made according to specifications and certify airworthiness of aircraft components by performing the following duties.
- - Performs receiving inspection duties per sampling plan using approved methods and criteria.
- - Request, Review, and archive supplier first article inspection reports in accordance with AS9102.
- - Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of components to ensure that workmanship and materials conform to Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, assembly instructions and manual procedures.
- - Reviews, validates and records configuration and modification status.
- - Inspects materials and products to ensure protective covers and safety wire for conformance to specifications.
- - Compares product with parts list, drawing, sample model or workmanship standard to ensure completion of assembly.
- - Verifies specified dimensions/performance of product or material.
- - Signs traveler tag to approve unit, or record reasons for rejecting unit.
- - Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- - Examines assembly and test records for completeness and accuracy.
- - Readies the documentation package and notifies the Part 21 appointed company 8130-3 Authorized Release Certificates inspector that the part is ready for FAA conformity inspection.
- - Performs final inspection of products to assure all defined tasks are completed and in compliance with required regulations and internal documentation prior to FAA conformity inspection.
- - Performs return to service inspection, and inspection of sub-contracted maintenance functions of products to assure all defined tasks are completed and in compliance with required regulations and internal documentation.
- - Completes the documentation required to certify the product as airworthy and accept the product for return to service.
- - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipments).
Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
- - The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- - Required on call duty.
Education / Experience:
- - FAA Regulations for TSO and/or PMA parts production
- - FAA Repairman's certificate required.
- - A&P certificate from college or technical school with IA preferred, not required. DMIR a plus.
- - Intermediate Level- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- - Advanced Professional- Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations such as AS9100, 9110 standards, FAA regulations EASA Regulations that can be interpreted, adapted, and applied to the unique requirements of the organization.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and flow down of customers' expectations and regulatory requirements
Present Quality situations of a program or product to customers or to authorities
Manage and coordinate solutions when a product is non-conforming. Lead problem solving teams
Assist with process improvements
Good knowledge in manufacturing quality and quality tools
Knowledge of Part 21 regulation for TSO production
Knowledge of Part 145 regulation
Knowledge of configuration management
Knowledge of products
Lean and continuous improvement skills - Kaizen
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills:
Good time management skills
Good quality skill set
Good interpersonal skills
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
Core Detailer - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 03/05/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Treater Operator - 1st Shift - SCM NPPublished on 03/05/2021Newport, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Machinist- GrindingPublished on 03/04/2021Sarasota, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair