Senior Kitting Coordinator
Employees / Staff
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Coordinates, maintains, and expedites the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between all departments of industrial plant to ensure smooth production operations and customer satisfaction.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Review production schedule to confirm priorities and determine material requirements.
- • Ensure SAP cockpits are up to date and match target configuration if required in the area.
- • Evaluate and enter material allocations, identify status of work orders, and requisition material according to job priorities and material availability.
- • Communicate material priorities to stockroom as necessary and work closely with logistics personnel to ensure uninterrupted flow of materials.
- • Assist in managing the shortest possible material kitting time using configuration, cannibalization, material transfers, substitution and other alternate solutions.
- • Examine material delivered to verify conformance to specifications.
- • Verify material and documentation of all work orders both before acceptance and release of material from production control.
- • Move or transport material from one department to another.
- • Support material requirements of technicians, mechanics, and test cell operators in assigned area of responsibility.
- • Maintain records of status and location of material and work orders while positioned in assigned work area.
- • Assist in the construction and execution of the monthly schedule in assigned work area.
- • Contribute to daily kitting meetings by discussing last minute items with internal suppliers to ensure ability to kit.
- • Confer with production personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- • delivery performance, and customer satisfaction (both internal and external).
- • Participate in the company on-call program for AOGs as scheduled.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • 3 years plus of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Advanced knowledge and capability to do problem solving in SAP.
- • Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel (pivots and charts) and PowerPoint.
- • Good organizational skills as well as personal, email and phone communication skills.
- • Flexibility and multi-tasking capabilities.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
- • While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
- • The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
Accountable to follow defined processes, policies, and procedures as well as perform duties in an accurate, neat, and timely manner. Responsible for meeting commitment dates and other identified objectives. Performs data input and tracks material and status of orders. Available to work overtime as needed or required. No supervisory or budget responsibilities.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Production SchedulerPublished on 11/14/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Demand PlannerPublished on 12/06/2019Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Senior Analyst, SIOPPublished on 12/06/2019Irvine, United States Regular Full time Supply chain