Technical Support Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
To provide technical support to the technicians in the Maintenance Center, MRO, LRUS, and New Production shops by solving day-to-day issues concerning manuals, tools, processes, and general questions that arise during the course of the technician's work; thus allowing the technicians to remain focused on their work.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Reviews, accepts, or rejects requests for shop technical support from MRO, LRUS, and New Production technicians and personnel from other departments. Requires technical (mechanical) knowledge of Turbo shaft engines, FCU's/HMU's, and an understanding of SafranHE's technical documentation to ensure each request is processed in the appropriate manner to close the issue.
- • Maintains records of requests and the work accomplished to close the issue.
- • Identifies and takes the required actions to improve the internal technical documentation that is used in the MRO, LRUS, and New Production.
- • Actively participates in worldwide SafranHE methods group to help identify, stay knowledgeable of, and to locally implement and monitor, the common principles, procedures, and practices, adopted by the group.
- • Participates in, and sometimes manages internal improvement initiatives that have been identified and assigned to reduce process times, improve quality, and/or reduce total operating cost.
- • Coordinates problem resolution on modules and/or engines with the Level 4 Corporate Engineers and/or Technicians. Oversees when necessary the repairs and/or troubleshooting of complex problems concerning modules, complete engines, or isolated parts.
- • Review and specify applicable tooling and equipment requirements per SafranHE's technical documentation and assist the purchasing department in the acquisition process.
- • May act as a liaison with engineering support from SafranHE locations during audits and during the course of routine shop support activities.
- • Manages or participates in internal investigations as directed by Quality department and/or management.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or 1 to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- • Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD or equivalent is preferred
- • Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job:
- • The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- • The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- • The employee is frequently required to sit
- • The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- • The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
Develops procedures; identifies problems; recommends solutions to fulfill project objectives, informing supervisor promptly. Recommends expenditures. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
New Production TechnicianPublished on 08/16/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MRO TechnicianPublished on 07/17/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Production AssociatePublished on 08/21/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair