Technical Support Representative
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Technically assess the reason for return of engines, modules, FCU/HMU's, or isolated parts to SafranHE USA in order to develop a comprehensive work scope document describing the series of operations to be performed in accordance with the TMF technical documentation. To provide technical assistance as required to both customer service personnel and MRO technicians in order to ensure an understanding of the operations and/or instructions to be performed within the work scope for returning an engine, module, FCU/HMU, or isolated part back into service per the repair or overhaul requirements.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Complete technical familiarity and experience with Arriel or Arrius modules, engines, isolated components and/or FCU's/HMU's.
- • Ability to revise / perform a logbook review in order to validate/update the counters of time for tracked components, and to perform a general review of the various logbook sections for identifying additional maintenance interventions since the last repair or overhaul activity.
- • Ability to create a work scope with the identification of the necessary operations and special instructions to be performed based on the number of hours, cycles, life-limited parts, delivery configuration, and/or reason for return of an engine, module, FCU/HMU, or isolated part.
- • Assist customer service as required for reviewing with the customer the work scope generated in regards to the reason for return of an asset, and to propose alternative solutions in accordance with TMF's technical documentation.
- • Maintain oversight of assets on a day to day basis from arrival through final inspection.
- • Assist technical support engineers in analyzing data concerning induction tests or from arrival inspection for providing options to the customer through the customer support department, or for creating a sequence of operations or special instructions within the work scope documentation.
- • Work scope (TSR) will be the point person on all technical issues including's DR's, DTR's, QRQC's and PDCA's.
- • Provide a revised work scope as required based on the discoveries made at disassembly and/or metrology, Customer's request or from the analysis of particle samples in association with assets returned due to incidents or performance failures at the customer's site, or performance issues at SafranHE USA test cell.
- • Ability to write and review a technical report for indicating the results of the inspection, the origins of the failure and/or incident at the customer, the damaged observed at disassembly or arrival inspection, and/or the performance data obtained from a pre-induction test.
- • Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to identify modifications, clarifications, or process changes with SafranHE France technical documentation that improves the ability to effectively write work scopes that minimize over processing of assets while meeting SafranHE France technical requirements for repair or overhaul serviceability.
- • Provide assistance to both the master technician and technician within each micro-phase to ensure technical issue are resolved expediently to maintain standard TAT objectives.
- • Travel required: 5%, including internationally
- • Required “On Call” duty.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • Accountable for the accuracy of the workscope or technical report documentation, and the application of the technical criteria based on the condition of the engine, module, FCU/HMU, or isolated part evaluated. May act independently but must inform supervisor promptly on certain decisions. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation. Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • 5 years of technical experience in the Aviation Power plant Industry; certificate from College or technical school in aviation technology is preferred.
- • Power plant certificate required.
- • Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus knowledge and experience with Prime, Kronos or equivalent.
- • Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
- • SAP and ADP Experience is preferred.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk.
- • The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Production ManagerPublished on 07/16/2021Denton, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Engineering Development Lab Technician lPublished on 06/25/2021Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Manufacturing EngineerPublished on 06/25/2021Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair