Certification Project Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Certification Project Manager (CPM) is responsible to define and coordinate certification requirements internally and with regulatory agencies and customers throughout all phases of projects to which they are assigned. The CPM will prepare and maintain tracking tools to monitor the due dates and status of all project documents, maintain and monitor both internal and external performance metrics, and act as the certification point of contact with internal and external customers, including regulatory authorities. This position requires acting as the focal during the early phases of the project to ensuring all certification requirements are identified, planned for, and scheduled. The CPM should have a sufficient mastery of the subject matter to mentor peers and lower-level certification staff. This job reports to the Certification Manager and performs other duties under the direction of the VP of Engineering, as required.
Summary of Duties:
- • Coordinate all qualification documents with all disciplines during all phases of the projects. Define the project documentation needs and schedule for all deliverables to support both unit shipment and aircraft handover.
- • Coordinate release and obtain approval of all project qualification/compliance plans and reports.
- • Interpret engineering drawings and certification documents and review for accuracy and clarity.
- • Prepare for, participate in, and assist in the meetings and telecons with all disciplines, regulatory agencies and customers during the course of projects to ensure that all aspects of the certification requirements are planned for and satisfied.
- • Prepare, give, and assist in presentations to all disciplines, regulatory agencies and customers to provide status, information, or guidance as needed.
- • The CPM is expected to be a subject matter expert and to maintain that expertise through continued training. As a subject matter expert, the CPM will share their regulatory and company knowledge with their peers and with lower-level certification staff through mentoring and direct training, as required.
- • Requires strong experience in discipline
- • Conducts other tasks as directed
- • Relied on to exercise independent judgment with minimal oversight
Education: Bachelor's degree in an engineered related discipline.
- • Strong knowledge of FAA and EASA certification procedures, regulations, and commercial aviation certification process
- • Minimum 5 years of certification experience
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • AutoCAD/Catia/, Microsoft Project desirable
- • Strong verbal, technical writing, and written communication skills for internal company, customer, and authority interactions.
- • Hardworking, dependable, self-directed, and self-disciplined.
- • Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask are essential.
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Experience working in an EASA DOA environment
- • Previous project management experience are highly desired.
- • 8 or more years of certification experience
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Project Engineer 4Published on 05/17/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Design Engineer 3Published on 05/17/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Design Engineer 2Published on 05/17/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering