Configuration Engineer 2
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The responsibility of a Configuration Engineer 2 (CE2) is to lead key configuration related activities for the programs. The CE2 is involved in the administration of the Change Board activities and the creation of configuration management reports for the program. Works with Engineering to classify changes. Performs the routine communication and exchange of configuration management information with the OEM customer configuration management organization. Ensures the on-time completion of configuration management activities to support program schedules.
Summary of Duties:
- • Coordinate the configuration tasks between Engineering and other disciplines including Program Management, Planning, Supply Chain, Certification, and Technical Publications groups
- • Act as change management focal point. Evaluate document change requests for relevance, completeness, impact, and compliance with the configuration management policy and standards
- • Works with Engineering to classify changes as major or minor.
- • Collect and compile impacts for changes from affected disciplines
- • Prepare configuration reports of product baselines, engineering changes, and change proposals and their applicable status for the program.
- • Prepare and review documentation required to define and control engineering data and configurations.
- • Act as Change Board Administrator to coordinate and document activities of the Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- • Perform CCB activities to include capturing minutes and action items, tracking action items to closure, and distributing change notifications to program team members.
- • Review change activity to ensure compliance with configuration management (configuration management) policies
- • Maintain configuration database records, prepare forms, verify information, resolve problems, identify trends, and isolate areas requiring further investigation.
- • Communicate and transmit configuration information both externally to the customer configuration management organization, and internally to the affected departments.
- • Approve engineering data in SmarTeam workflows for configuration management related aspects.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent in a related field (e.g. Business Administration or information Systems) required. Possess or is working towards CMIIB (CMII Basics) certification or higher (CMIIC, CMIIA, or CMIIP).
Experience: Minimum 3-4 years in Configuration Management or a related technical discipline such as Technical Publications; Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in field; Understanding of EIA-649, MIL-HDBK-61, and ISO-10007 standards; Knowledge about aircraft industry configuration management practices.
- • Intermediate/proficient knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Microsoft Windows experience
- • Effective oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Bachelor's degree preferred.
- • MS Excel macro programming a plus
- • CATIA V5 (View/Analyze) and SmarTeam preferred
- • Some knowledge of relational databases a plus.
Description: Mid/Intermediate-level position within job role
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Project Engineer 4Published on 07/22/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Design Engineer 3Published on 07/22/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Project Engineer 3Published on 07/22/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering