Data Modeler (PowerBI Content Author)
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Reporting to the Business Intelligence & Data Manager, the Data Modeler (AKA Content Author) fulfills the Business Analyst community's needs to analyze structured business data via effective data modeling that reflects the reality of the business activity.
Provide Effective outputs and functionality to support the business functions with relevant analyses.
Summary of Duties:
- • Gather user requirements by listening to users to understand their problems and business needs
- • Design and implement data models to express the business needs view of data assets
- • Define and maintain business rules and relationships between data objects
- • Maintain the life cycle of data structures and its relationships
- • Builds meaningful content, including dashboards and visuals, that address the user's needs
- • Understand user expectations in all disciplines and areas of the company
- • Ensure data structures and outputs are understood and relevant to the business users and in terms understood by the business
- • Maintain the required level of service
- • Create and maintain documentation of technical and instructional perspectives
- • Create and leverage analytical approaches to perform analysis of domain specific source data
- • Identify development needs in order to improve and streamline operations
- • Hold workshops for business users to explain functionality and visual presentation
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field, or proven equivalent work experience.
Experience: 2+ years' experience as a data analyst, report writer, or similar role.
- • Visual representation of data
- • Multi-dimensional data modeling.
- • ERP systems
- • User Interface and user experience best practices
- • SQL query writing and optimization
- • Star schemas
- • Ability to understand and express technical concepts in clear, non-technical language
- • Ability to understand multiple business processes and synthesize into a single data model
- • Presentation of insights to business or functional users at all/any level of the organization
- • Self-starter, identifies the path to follow with minimal guidance
Description: Mid-level in position.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
2. Employment Status may be part-time, full-time, or temporary.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Experienced Cloud Data EngineerPublished on 07/22/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time IT
Manager, Information SystemsPublished on 07/20/2021Brea, United States Regular Full time IT
Benefits SpecialistPublished on 07/24/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Human Resources