Corporate Human Resources Generalist
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of human resource duties, such as effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information and for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management. This job reports to the site Human Resources Manager.
Summary of Duties (may or may not include all the duties below):
- • Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- • Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relation issues. Documents initial complaint, determines scope of investigation, recommends course of action, documents findings and summarizes the investigation.
- • Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- • Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- • Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- • Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- • Manage and conduct new employee orientations.
- • Performs exit interviews and processes all termination paperwork including Cal-COBRA/COBRA documents while adhering to all state and federal laws.
- • Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- • Develops and maintains various reports and documents to provide current personnel information.
- • Assists with the maintenance of the human resource database while ensuring that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
- • Organizes annual reviews between employees and managers. Organizes files, provides forms, timelines, and reminders to direct employees and managers through the review process.
- • Manages workers' compensation injury reporting/claim administration.
- • Administer, track and coordinate all FMLA and/or leaves of absences and coordinate with payroll.
- • Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- • Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- • Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- • Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- • Completes miscellaneous research, reports and conveys information as requested and needed.
- • Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- • Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- • Minimum 3 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist, or 4 years HR experience demonstrating increasing HR responsibilities.
- • Knowledge of both California and Federal Labor Laws Labor Laws
- • Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
- • Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
- • Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including: Word and Excel
- • HR certification (PHR or SPHR, Certified or Senior Certified Professional)
- • 5 years HR experience overall (with 3+ as an HR Generalist)
Description: Experienced-level position within field.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Director Corporate Security & FacilitiesPublished on 05/14/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Human Resources
Production SupervisorPublished on 06/14/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Electrical Engineer 2Published on 06/12/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation